mpc or macbbook pro???

mylesp510

i decided i am going to start saving up for something new. i want a mpc, but i feel like i don't need it. i want one anyway. i also want to upgrade my computer and i would just get a macbook pro. they are around the same price brand new, my computer now sucks and isn't good enough to run protools or anything that big. if i got an mpc i would still have to get my beat onto protools or another DAW to mix. i am also used to look at a big screen compared to a smaller mpc screen. i already have a mpd with reason and i do just fine.

i can do just fine with the mpc, but i also need a new computer.

what should i get a mpc or macbook pro?

I run a macbook pro with upgraded ram and a couple midi controllers.....never got into an MPC they are obsolete IMO

i want a mpc, but i feel like i don't need it.

my computer now sucks and isn't good enough to run protools or anything that big. if i got an mpc i would still have to get my beat onto protools or another DAW to mix

i already have a mpd with reason and i do just fine.

you already answered your question.

Peace

Last edited:
Macbook pro x MPK = perfection
the perfect combo
best of both worlds
and its such a sick ass controller

Mpcs are great and far from obsolete depending on what you want musically. Mpks and MPDs are also great. I use both but in this case I think a better computer may be needed. You probably won't need a Mac Book Pro to run Reason either. Maybe look into a cheaper computer as well as a cheaper mpc and get both. Dropping $500 on a decent desktop and $500 on a Mpc 2000 will get you the best of both worlds.

Npbody can make your puchase choices for you. Budgets differ, as do skill sets. Grab what best fits ya, man.

Macbook pro x MPK = perfection
the perfect combo
best of both worlds
and its such a sick ass controller

the MPK49 is a cheap POS, it works great if you synchronize it every time you open your DAW or use the crappy ass editor software that came with it

I sent it back after 2 months because the pitch wheel broke, since then 5 keys have snapped and they cannot be glued

The transport and octave buttons have also broken

also the tap tempo simply doesn't work accurately, neither does the note repeat function

I switched to M-Audio

the MPK49 is a cheap POS, it works great if you synchronize it every time you open your DAW or use the crappy ass editor software that came with it

I sent it back after 2 months because the pitch wheel broke, since then 5 keys have snapped and they cannot be glued

also the tap tempo simply doesn't work accurately, neither does the note repeat function

I switched to M-Audio

That has been far from my experience on my mpk25. Though the note repeat is kinda funny u gotta set it up right then save directly on the mpk and problem solved

I switched to M-Audio

My MPK is a beast. My partner has the Axiom Pro. We agree the build on both are solid. Setting up the MPK is easy also. So many people are doing well with the MPKs. It's probably not for you.

My MPK is a beast. My partner has the Axiom Pro. We agree the build on both are solid. Setting up the MPK is easy also. So many people are doing well with the MPKs. It's probably not for you.

Yea should have mentioned I use Logic......big downside for me is no automap feature

how long have you owned/used the MPK?

have you owned/used another MIDI controller?

maybe I just got a sh*tty one

I have had numerous midi controllers. I bought the MPK61 April 2010. I found several tutorials on youtube on how to set up Logic & the MPK. Don't stress it, you still have a good controller. Rock out and have fun.

to the OP it depends on what type of music your making. if you compose and play your own music i think it would be better for you to get a better computer. but if your a sampler than i would get the mpc because its more hands on. but thats just my opinion

Get a macbook pro with logic, a midi keyboard and an mpd18.

Back