Moving to a new DAW: LOGIC PRO X

ZSquared

Military Raver
So I'm very familiar with FL Studio. It's what I have loved using over the past few years, but ever since I got a Mac, I had to partition the HD so I could keep running FL on the window's side of things. Only issue was I lacked a lot of space on one or the other OS and it was very aggravating. I decided to delete the windows partition and move to an entirely new DAW: Logic Pro X. My question is how much more or less user friendly is it compared to FL Studio? I would like to know what I am in for, even though I have some tutorials ready to go. I would also like to know if people who have used both prefer one over the other. If there was a full version of FL studio for Mac, I would more than likely be using it. But I am open to learning new software :)

Last edited:
I guess FL is the odd one out - if you were coming from just about any other DAW, a lot of things would be instantly familiar. That's not to say they're completely different on a conceptual level, but there's going to be a bit of a learning curve at first. That said, Logic has become somewhat more inviting over the years, so I don't think you should have too much trouble to get up and running.

I guess FL is the odd one out - if you were coming from just about any other DAW, a lot of things would be instantly familiar. That's not to say they're completely different on a conceptual level, but there's going to be a bit of a learning curve at first. That said, Logic has become somewhat more inviting over the years, so I don't think you should have too much trouble to get up and running.

Awesome. That's really good to know. I haven't really looked into other DAWs in the past but I didn't know FL studio was so different from the others.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out there are plenty of tutorials out there. Also... FL runs on mac natively.

FL Studio has a better workflow. Logic is better for the structure. I would combine both of them.

The user friendliness of a daw is more or less the same, it depends on...

1.Familiarity.
2.Experience/Time Spent using a daw and what you are more comfortable with in general.

I use 3 daws myself.[Reason/Studio One/FL Studio]
Tried out 13+ daws my entire time in the hobby and so far was most comfy in those 3 as example.

The answer is to learn logic pro x if it meets your expectations and stick with it since you are of the mac OS.

1.Familiarity.
2.Experience/Time Spent using a daw and what you are more comfortable with in general.

Tried out 13+ daws my entire time in the hobby and so far was most comfy in those 3 as example.

The answer is to learn logic pro x if it meets your expectations and stick with it since you are of the mac OS.
Nice,

I'm working with Reason, Logic and Reaper. Might be tossing Logic as soon as i get Reaper coded correctly.

Last edited:
Reason/Studio One in regular stuff.

Fl studio for open collabs and friendly challenges. [Retired it a couple years back due to workflow design being heavily pattern focused but started messing with it again this year.]
Still use slicex and ogun standalone of course.

Those who think fl's sequencer is the simplest...you'd be heavily surprised...

1.Familiarity.

Very interesting explanation. Makes sense

No idea, was never a fan of FL's workflow..

Same, it looks and feels like it was designed by someone with ADHD.
I am a Renoise man from the roota to the toota: sleekest, fastest workflow in the game. (And cheap!)

Last edited:
Back