Monitors for a room with 2.8 x 4.5 meters

Molotov

Hi people, which monitors you chose for a room with 2.8 x 4.5 meters KRK 3G Rokit 5 or 6 ?

Imagem.jpg

Attachments

• Imagem - Cópia1.jpg
    Imagem - Cópia1.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 179
Yamaha HS-7...

I think the Rokit 5's are really good... But when I went to the store the HS7's blew both your options away.
i took them home. Very happy with them.
Your room is bigger than mine (3mx3m) I think you may want more bass extension than is available in a 5" driver (although this may be dependant on your genre of music...)

Thank you for your help, my music style is hip hop.
I was thinking about purchasing the Rokit 5, but would like more opinions.
To the size of the room the HS7 is not too much? A lower version does not respond the same way?

Like I said - my room is smaller - only 3m x 3m - HS7's have made a massive improvement to my mixes... I think that there the best out there for the same money.

i spent a couple of hours in store... HS5's didn't have the bass extension I'd've needed a sub... The KRK 5's were bassy but not honest - fuzzy in the mids...
The KRK 6's sounded good but I thought the HS7's sounded better...
HS8's were out of my price range... Tried a pair of 5" 'Adams' - bit pricy sounded good though...
and a pair of Fostex ones... Much cheaper, sounded better than the BX5's but un shielded...

Yeah, maybe choice the HS7, I have read opinions and the most of the people prefer the Yamaha

Unless you're getting a subwoofer as well,
I'd take the Rokits over the Yamahas if you've narrowed your decision down to those two.

KRK takes advantage of the Kevlar woofer, which allows them to tune the speakers to give you an idea of what's going on in your low end.

The Yamahas, by contrast, are as bright and thin as the white color on the woofer cone suggests.
They're a good choice if you're complimenting them with a subwoofer, though, as the sub will balance out this downside.

You can then check the midrange on something like a mono Behritone, whose sole purpose is checking the midrange and mono compatibility of your mix.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Well, after searching more about HS7, I have read a lot of opinions that refer to the subwoofer to complement the monitors because of the inability in the bass.

So, I have doubts again...

I really liked the brightness of HS7 but, I need too the bass power of a KRK Rokit.
And I don't know, but maybe is more economic a pair of monitors that have a good response in "all frequencies" than buying the subwoofer as accessory.

I need search more...

Last edited:
Well, after searching more about HS7, I have read a lot of opinions that refer to the subwoofer to complement the monitors because of the inability in the bass.

So, I have doubts again...

I really liked the brightness of HS7 but, I need too the bass power of a KRK Rokit.
And I don't know, but maybe is more economic a pair of monitors that have a good response in "all frequencies" than buying the subwoofer as accessory.

I need search more...

the bass of the KRK are colored not the real bass your beat is producing....
it's like your wife/girlfriend saying the baby is yours but the baby is by a different dude
don't stand for the lies ....lol

Back