Mixing for Laptops

you mix for the best possible playback system and then compare on all other possible playback systems - i.e. you make it good for laptop speakers by making it good for studio monitors, headphones, earbuds, car speakers, surround sound on your dvd/blu-ray player, etc

Ok thank you! I only asked because Noah shebib says that he mixes to make sure it sounds good on laptop speakers on pensados place because in this day and age a lot of people hear music through their laptops and phones usually before they do in like a club or a car.

which of course is a useless piece of advice without covering how you do that - make sure it sounds good on laptop speakers by doing x, y, z is far more useful than a motherhood statement like make sure it sounds good on laptop speakers

I'm not knocking Noah or Dave (Pensado) but sometimes you need to explain what you mean when you say some of the things they do

Before i had monitors, I use to take my Laptop and plug the Auxillary Port into my car for Mixing. So maybe you could try that?

Back