Midi controller not working on Windows 8 laptop! Help!

I haven't had trouble with my midi controller before, so I am really new to this. I am using an Akai Mpk mini with a Windows 8 laptop. Before today it was working, and now it isn't. I haven't used it since last week and its been sitting by itself where no hurt, harm, or danger could come to it. I'm really confused right now and I know that it isn't my laptop because my speakers are running USB and they still work!! I am in desperate need of help, this mpk is my baby!

Some more info would be swell.. for example what DAW you are using, and what have you done since it last worked?

I also experienced the same problem initially, but I never had to send it in, so I'm guessing it was a different issue. Are you utilizing Ignite Software that comes with it? I found its pretty simple and easy to export wav files into other DAW (using presonus studio one)

I also experienced the same problem initially, but I never had to send it in, so I'm guessing it was a different issue. Are you utilizing Ignite Software that comes with it? I found its pretty simple and easy to export wav files into other DAW (using presonus studio one)

Yes it is very easy to export wav files from Ignite! And yes I am using Studio One 2 as my daw, sorry that I forgot to mention it! Ps, what was the problem that you were having with yours!

I use the Presonus Audiobox USB with Studio One, so there was difficulty in switching between audio devices, but if I plug in the audiobox before the MPK mini, and then start ignite, it works without a problem.

I use the Presonus Audiobox USB with Studio One, so there was difficulty in switching between audio devices, but if I plug in the audiobox before the MPK mini, and then start ignite, it works without a problem.

I previously had that same problem but then I used the same method that you did. Update: my keyboard is now broken, the micro usb has detached from the inside and is now in the console. I will probably have to get it professionally fixed.

Back