Midi controller help

H

Hermod

If anyone has any helpful advice I would certainly appreciate it. I have a Behringer U-Control 61 key controller that I purchased not too long ago to replace my MPK 25 for more flexibility. I like the sensitivity of the MPK. But, the Behringer just seems to have off velocity even when its on its highest sensitivity setting I still find myself having to press the keys really hard to max out my sounds.... Can anyone please throw some names of controllers out there to where you feel comfortable pressing the keys while still being able to have max velocity on a high sensitivity setting. I was looking into the Novation Impulse 61 and the M-Audio Axiom 61 if anyone can attest to these.. i def want semi weighted with some after touch for sure

Depending on your DAW you might be able to adjust the midi velocity curve to suit your playing style. I don't know what DAW you use, but for anyone having the same issue, in FL Studio you can find it under 'MIDI Settings > Link note on velocity to: Velocity > Click the 'Curve' button'.

I see. I am using Logic at the moment. Been through the MIDI setting countless times but haven't seen anything as far as Velocity Curve but i will check it out now that you have mentioned it. I appreciate your input thank you.

Did u not enjoy the mpk.....
Did u think about the mpk 61....
I have the 49 n love it.....
It has a menu on the mpk that lets u change the curve n all that on the controller itself...per daw
The problem may be in the audio itself....
Asio4all helped me with the problem including the sensitivity amd curve

I did think about the mpk 61. i use my mpk 25 for travel as of now. I just can't always deal with the keys.. hands are too big it seems. i was worried about the mpk 61 keys being similar to the 25

Tru... make perfect sense....
I have only used the 25 once... n it was only for bout 5 mins... so i cnt speak on key size....
Maybe someone else with the 25 can say

Back