M-Audio Keystation 49e hitting keys?

Funkdafied

I just got M-Audio Keystation 49e and what bugs me is, that I would have to hit the keys SUPERHARD to make the full sound come out or else it will be too soft or too quiet, can this be changed or adjusted?

Thx!

Well, when I used my laptop keyboard before to play the sounds, it always came out loud enough, no matter how hard I hit the keys. Now with the keystation, if I don't touch the keys superhard, they don't play the full volume of the sound, no matter if a soundfont or a sample.... :( and playing it first just to adjust the velocity of it all later on in the piano roll, that shouldn't be, there has to be another way?

Change the velocity level on the keyboard itself. Check your manual for your keyboard. If your keyboard has buttons, it should be doable.

I checked the manual :(, it says something about the functions button, pressing D4, then entering something and C5 as enter, but nothing happens ...
sorry if i am being complicated, i just don't get it lol

you can change the velocity two ways, either by the amount of pressure you apply or by the host aplication (what you are controlling)

I know that with the pressure, that's what bugs me! I don't want to hammer my finger on the key like a retard just to get the loud enough sound :(
Host application? How? Where?

do you have aim or yahoo messenger its faster mine is my name ill talk you through it

just turn off link velocity, set velocity accordingly as well as for filt.cut/filt.res

just turn off linked velocities

Last edited:
Did you figure out how to keep the keystation at a fixed velocity?

I am using it w/ FL Studio and I want to turn off or fix the velocity sensitivity.

thanks

desperatetimesmusic said:
Did you figure out how to keep the keystation at a fixed velocity?

I am using it w/ FL Studio and I want to turn off or fix the velocity sensitivity.

thanks
Go to Options -> Midi Settings -> and set "Link velocity" to "none".

Back