Looking for producer name....can't figure out what to do

SORRI DENTE

Well my first name is Harry so I was thinking something with that..

I came up with "Harry K Styles" which I like but there is already a popular singer called "Harry Styles" and idk if I'm gona get in trouble with this.. Moreover some of my friends told me "Harry K Styles" isnt so original and I should find something more personal...

Other options I thought about:

Harry RetroStyles
Harry Smatic
Harry the Sound Mechanic

Please tell what u think

Don't do a play on with somebody else's name, are you sure you want your name in it?

Insomnia looks cool in my opinion.

What do your boys call you?!

I only recently started going by a 'producer name' and I gave it to myself as I never had a nickname...
My mates who produce go by the names we gave them as kids or in our youths...

What do your boys call you?!

I only recently started going by a 'producer name' and I gave it to myself as I never had a nickname...
My mates who produce go by the names we gave them as kids or in our youths...

I know what u mean but they just call me by my name... So I decided Harry K (initial of my surname)

I appreciate the answer tho!!

See man, you should name yourself thinking in things related to you and only you in my opinion. You have to ask yourself "Do i see myself being called like that?" "Is This name really me?"

I mean, in my producer name (Lesto) i kept my first name initial (Lucas) since i was totally clueless in what should i put. Personally i like one word in a producer name, like Tiesto, Tujamo and others.

Reading this post i would suggest something like:

Harrey
Harrykane (thought it would be funny and stick in people mind, i guess it didn't work lol)
Smatic (Since you like it)

See, in my opinion you would have to stick to something that defines you or at least relate to your identity

Sorry if i did not help much :cheers: cheers

My name was just random letters I typed in many many years ago when a Mortal Kombat asked for a player name. I started using it as an online handle because the username was never taken and people just started calling me Dr. Tro. I guess there is no other way to pronounce it.

Have this is mind, when I google you, all of your online profiles should show up with no ambiguity. Pick a name which is obscure, yet unique to yourself. Honestly, it doesn't HAVE to start with Harry.

Last edited:
I came up with my producer name when I was 16...and it sucks, but I've produced too many songs that rappers have flowed to name dropping me to change it now...

I use an alias for making sound tracks, which I quite like. My first name and my Italian Grandmothers first name. Pretty nice.

I would say to try something that people will remember. Harry Styles will always bring up thoughts of One Direction. You don't want that. Equally there is a soccer player in the UK called Harry Kane who is starting to make a name for himself, so I would avoid that...you never know.

You could yse Harry K backwards (Kyrrah), but it's an N away from being Quran, so...not sure if you want to run with that.

Try a play on words, or choose your favorite instrument and try to implement that...this isn't a decision to be made lightly as, if you're even a little successful, you will become known as that name for a long time (potentially forever).

Think about everything you enjoy and things you do, give everything a thought, combine words, use your name, many artists go through a variety of names before they settle on one they truly like, or can run with. Names can be simple, or weird combinations of words, words that sound like a sound ("boom"), but really too many people care more about the name than the music, don't stress it.

Back