Looking for ideas for a more sturdy DJ table?!

Jonny Dibs

I've been spinning on one of those plastic fold-up banquet tables for awhile now and it skips when scratching or juggling way to often. I have 2 cases not a coffin. Most 'DJ' stands are like the keyboard stands and I don't see them being any better or those 'Odyssey' fold up stands, but I can't use my 2 cases with them ishes.

Anyone have to upgrade their table situation for the similar reasons? What can I do to help the situation that I'm not thinking of?

I'd suggest wooden tables, cost less and can take more weight, not foldable which probably why they cost less.
Got a 6 foot wide foldable table myself and while it can hold everything no problem it makes noise when using a drumpad on it compared to sturdy wood.

Not sure what you got but what I have is similar to this Home - Walmart.com
Not nearly as powerful as the table in the kitchen however but gets the job done for everything else not involving fingerdrumming.
Basically wooden or other tables don't seem to budge even under heavy load.

Last edited:
if you want to go diy route, a couple of concrete blocks or beer crates and a solid flat door make a decent surface for dj gear

I'd suggest wooden tables, cost less and can take more weight, not foldable which probably why they cost less.
Got a 6 foot wide foldable table myself and while it can hold everything no problem it makes noise when using a drumpad on it compared to sturdy wood.

Not sure what you got but what I have is similar to this Home - Walmart.com
Not nearly as powerful as the table in the kitchen however but gets the job done for everything else not involving fingerdrumming.
Basically wooden or other tables don't seem to budge even under heavy load.

Yea I wooden't ;) mind a wooden table for home use. Just wouldn't be able to take on mobile gigs in the explorer.

Only thing I can come up with is that the stands move alittle bit if a threshold of force is achieved.
If I go past a certain speed on a padkontrol, table starts rumbling and wobbles a tiny bit.
But if I use the desk, no wobbling and I can go miles, per hour no rumbling.
I'm not sure if there's folding tables with that level of sturdy tbh.

I hope they do though lol.

Back