Long Time Producer Now Putting Myself Out There

Kevilo

What's good everyone?
I'm 23 and I've been producing music for about 7-8 years now. I mostly enjoy producing Hip-hop and Future Trap music.
Since the beginning I've always been inspired by music tracks from video games and love to incorporate them into my own music. I feel it helps me stand out a bit.
Despite doing this for years, I haven't really gone public with my music. I share it with the locals but that's as far as it's gone.
This is mainly because I kept it as just a hobby since I have a career path that felt better for me.

But recently I considered music production to be a secondary in case things didn't go as planned, so it prompted me to build a public profile. I started with SoundCloud since I'm most familiar it.
I know it's not easy to make it big in the industry, but I'm willing to test the waters and then decide what happens from there.
I'm hoping to be more active with my music and even get around in the community (w/ an account).
Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read!

Funny, I have the same background like you! I started producing in 2010, but never went public. My studio is in Berlin, but I will come to the US in two weeks.

Yea is good that you put yourself out, when people make beats the best thing to do is to put the music in public for people to hear! hope everything goes as you want!

Same background here!
Been doing music for years and now only starting to post on youtube (Kay Evin Music) if ever you want to check.

Yo, I wanna ask for a bit of advice. I'm new to the industry, and I mean *really* new. One thing that seems to get me though is I just have no idea how to create a sound that plays in my head. Everyone else seems to get at least somewhat close to what they want, and "just wingin' it" only gets me so far.

Some people say that I should spend time reading the manuals of everything I use, while others say it comes down to whether or not I got the talent to understand it.
I understand the DAW I'm using, have a basic grasp of how to use my plug-ins, and play the guitar and piano somewhat frequently. How do I get over the hurdle of "how to make this type of effect/sound"?

Yo, I wanna ask for a bit of advice. I'm new to the industry, and I mean *really* new. One thing that seems to get me though is I just have no idea how to create a sound that plays in my head. Everyone else seems to get at least somewhat close to what they want, and "just wingin' it" only gets me so far.

Some people say that I should spend time reading the manuals of everything I use, while others say it comes down to whether or not I got the talent to understand it.
I understand the DAW I'm using, have a basic grasp of how to use my plug-ins, and play the guitar and piano somewhat frequently. How do I get over the hurdle of "how to make this type of effect/sound"?
Even though I haven't had this kind of issue as often, I've had trouble trying to solve it as well. What I usually do is describe the sound I'm looking for through a Google search. If that fails, I just wing it as you do. I have a large library of samples and effects so I have a better chance of creating the sound I'm looking for. It might not be as accurate but it still gets the job done. I hope this helps in any way.

Back