Long (long) break, looking to get back into producing

ki_cz

I've taken an over 10 years long break from producing, but with all of the new sounds coming out, it's impossible to not be inspired to pick it up again.

I used to produce house/techno/trance but now find myself most inspired by what's coming out of the footwork and bass scenes. Computer production has made enormous leaps since I last made anything, so this will obviously have to be a key part of my workflow.

I was hoping to get some gear recommendations for a relatively simple sampling/production startup.

Previously I used Cubase for years, but it looks like I'll probably go to Ableton to get my feet wet again. In terms of other gear, I was really hoping to snag an MPC 2000XL, as it's something that I've wanted forever, but it's hard to even find one used in my area.

Basically I'm looking to pair something with a turntable for the easiest sampling possibilities, then of course, to computer production, I'm open to any suggestions people have. Maybe the Maschine is also something work looking into?

Sorry for the meandering post, hopefully somebody understands what I'm trying to say :) thanks!

Back