Layer samples, cerate à bridge, chorus etc

peshti

Hey guys, ive got to à point where im creating decent beats but i struggle a LOT with lavering to create a chorus, a bridge etc.

How do u guys go about that? Ive tried to find tutorials about that but i just find tutorials where they just create 1 section of a beat, which doensnt help me with layering.

Layering is very simple...stack on more instruments. For starts, begin with the root notes of the chords. You also harmonize 3, 5, 13 etc

Chorus very simple, make it bigger than your verses (thick stacked layers) big harmonizations

Bridge... use it as a build into the chorus or make or take it in a new direction by modulating the key

I'd pick up a theory book if non of this makes sense.

Last edited:
Hey man, sometimes I use this technique

Just "create 1 section of a beat", duplicate it so you have it repetitive for 3+ minutes, then just start changing the parts adding new instruments to certain parts and changing melodies. That's how I make bridge/chorus parts (Avicii does that too lol)

I layer the shit outta my drums. Using Maschine, so it's simply a case of setting up a link-group within the group - so 3 kicks (and a ride cymbal) sound off whenever I hit pad 1 - 3 snares sound off when I hit pad 2
I often have a separate drum group (or a sampled break) on another group at a lower volume which can massively increase the groove...

Back