Launchpad + Ableton with real-time FX?

Cee High

I'm wanting to trigger loops and tracks in Ableton Live with the Launchpad and I wanted to apply FX (such as Stutter, Filter, Delay) over the triggered tracks that are playing. How would I go about doing this?

Some people have told me a Korg NanoKontrol 2 would work, but I don't know.

Since the NanoKontrol 2 has 8 knobs on it, does that mean I could have up to 8 different FX? And I would just turn the knob left or right whenever I wanted to apply a certain effect? Example (Beat Stutter on Knob 1, Delay on Knob 2, Lowpass Filter on Knob 3), etc.? Is this how it would work?

(I don't have a Launchpad or NanoKontrol yet, I've just been watching live sets and tutorials, before I even think about buying something)

Thanks!

You can do it with a NanoKontrol if you wanna do it on the master channel or pick one track you wanna control. If you get an APC you've got 8 q-link knobs that automatically take control of whatever track you've got selected. You'd have to set up an effects rack on each track with your 8 knobs and it'll just work.

Anyway for your effects rack, say you're setting up your one knob beat repeat. You just wrap the beat repeat in a new effect rack then map both the rate(whatever they call it) and the device on to the same knob and set the threshold of the device on to like 10. That way that one knob turns the beat repeat on when you start turning it and also lets you control the rate. You make 8 of these one knob effect, group them all together and map them to knobs on your main effects rack.

Back