Korg M1 Or Korg X2 ???????? Could You Help Me ?????

Q

qdibiase

ayo whad up everybody ? Im having a little problem coz, i wanna get me a board and I ve seen some good deals on the M1 and the X2 by Korg , but i dunno which one is better .....COuld you h elp me out on this one ? probably explain too .....MUCH appreciated !!!

Really depends what kind of sounds you want.

I have an M1 which is great for house organ sounds, lush/warm pads and warm bass sounds.

Its also quite easy to program once you know the basics.

I don't have any experience of the X2 tho.

:)

The M1 is quickly becoming a classic, or is it already? Beautiful sounds. But again, it depends on your style of music. Still, I think the M1 can handle just about anything.
:angel:

Do you know what I find really mad tho?

I bought my M1 in '94 for 750GBP and I also bought a Yamaha DX7 in '91 for 350GBP.

I was looking through the ads on S.O.S. (sound on sound) and they are both now available for 300GBP.

It seems that the DX7 is somewhat more of a classic than the M1 although I gotta say that the M1 looks better. :)

No kidding. The M1 looks alot more sleek and modern. Curves and lines that make a man wanna... oh, nevermind. Yeah, it looks good.

Shovel said:
No kidding. The M1 looks alot more sleek and modern. Curves and lines that make a man wanna... oh, nevermind. Yeah, it looks good.

...makes you wanna get down and jiggy with your organ...?:D

Actually, I don't own the M1. Oh, that organ... umm... Anyways, you know I just might get me some- I mean one, the M1 that is.

M1???

Just to add a bit....I prefer the O1w to the M1, true the M1 is becoming a bit of a classic but to me the O1w is a better board for around the same price...:p

I got an M1 in '96 for £500, it's got some nice sounds on it to say it was made in '89. The M1 was superseded by the X3, which uses the same sound technology but has some improvements such as a 16 track sequencer rather than the M1's 8 track, extra effects, more polyphony, etc. If i remember correctly, the X2 is the 72 key version of the X3 (both X3 and M1 are 61 key), in which case if you see them both at the same price, choose the X2.

korg X2

I own the Korg X-2. It's a nice board, has tons of good default patches and you can always add other ones via floppy. Some people say the keys fail but I have had mine for over a year and it is very rugged and durable. If you can get a good deal on it, it is definitely a solid board.

Back