Kontakt Libraries

livinlegend

As much as I don't like the Kontakt interface, I am growing tired of using nexus and purity on all the beats I make so I am going to start using Kontakt. The good thing about Kontakt is all of the libraries it has. I just got reqiuem and I am already impressed. I am pretty much looking for any decent and or must have libraries. Thanks in advance

I wish there was a kontact sample bundle. I want all the session strings/session horn... samples but couldn't care less about getting massive/reaktor, etc...

Depends what you want to do. You can use samples.... Or you can learn how to use massive. Which is awesome in my opinion. But everything in Kontact is dope!

It really depends on what you want to achieve and the type of music you make. But my favorite Kontakt library is the Retro Machines Mk2 Library. The Studio Drummer library is also great programming drums. For percussion I use the Cuba and West Africa libraries, they really great.

The Scarbee libraries are also good and they sound real, but I can design the same/similar sounds on the Retro Machine. Wish I had money to try other libraries or just get Komplete... :)

But you can do a lot of stuff with the Retro Machine, check it out you might like it.

I wish there was a kontact sample bundle. I want all the session strings/session horn... samples but couldn't care less about getting massive/reaktor, etc...
It sounds like you are talking about buying Komplete. You *can* buy Kontakt on its own, and you get all the Kontakt sample library, and you don't have to pay for Massive or Reaktor etc. etc

except that komplete ships all of the available kontakt libraries that NI make whereas buying kontakt on its own only comes with the factory library and you pay full price for each additional library, almost the same as buying komplete on its own

i use "the giant" on just about every track i make, or at the very least start writing with it. that thing has an awesome sound. session strings sounds awesome too! and its a ton of fun to play with.

Back