Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Komplete 8 ULTIMATE worth the extra money?

Memphis12 is offline Registered User

Komplete 8 ULTIMATE worth the extra money?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm going to get Komplete 8 when it releases on the 1st, but I was wondering if the the ultimate package is kind of a "must" over the regular package? I've never had one of the other Komplete's so I'm not sure exactly what it offers. My favorite instruments are strings, and I saw on the comparison chart that the strings section wasn't on the regular package. So I was wondering if the people who had past Komplete's could vouch if the stuff that does come with the regular package will have enough, high-quality, realistic, strings, piano's, guitars, orchestras, etc. I think I'll be find on the synth side, but wasn't sure on the "real" instruments. Here's the comparison chart: NATIVE INSTRUMENTS : HOME | HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE FOR MUSICIANS, PRODUCERS, DJS, GUITAR AND BASS PLAYERS

Americow is offline Registered User
    I believe Kontakt comes with plenty of strings as well and that's included in the regular version. I wouldn't pay 500 extra dollars just for one set of instruments, if all you really want/need is strings then check out something like Miroslav Philharmonik.

THE FORT PROCESS is offline Registered User
    You know one thing about the ultimate package thats really caught my eye is the external hard drive. This sort of installation could slow things right down so they've put it on a usb drive. Personally i think thats a great idea and the fact you dont have to sit through hours upon hours of installing disc after disc. I nearly bought komplete 7 a few weeks back but opted for maschine instead, glad i did now as i would have missed this. Im not sure if the difference in price is too much, but for me the hard drive keeps 240gb's off my mac and allows my system to operate the way it should. Im just counting the pennies till i can get the cash together for this then im off to digital village to get this bad boy. Im out! Peace.
    LOVEMUSICRECORDS.CO.UK

krushing is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by THE FORT PROCESS View Post
    You know one thing about the ultimate package thats really caught my eye is the external hard drive. This sort of installation could slow things right down so they've put it on a usb drive. Personally i think thats a great idea and the fact you dont have to sit through hours upon hours of installing disc after disc. I nearly bought komplete 7 a few weeks back but opted for maschine instead, glad i did now as i would have missed this. Im not sure if the difference in price is too much, but for me the hard drive keeps 240gb's off my mac and allows my system to operate the way it should. Im just counting the pennies till i can get the cash together for this then im off to digital village to get this bad boy. Im out! Peace.
    Do note that the drive is only for installation - sadly, you can't just run Komplete off it.

THE FORT PROCESS is offline Registered User
    Ive been sadly mis-informed. Bit gutted to be honest looks like my hard drive will take the hit after all.
    LOVEMUSICRECORDS.CO.UK

chicitybeats is offline Registered User
    I kinda faced the same problem with picking so what i did was look at the synths that didnt come with the regular and see how much more each one would be by theirself

krushing is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by chicitybeats View Post
    I kinda faced the same problem with picking so what i did was look at the synths that didnt come with the regular and see how much more each one would be by theirself
    Razor & The Mouth? Most of the additional Ultimate stuff are the sample libraries - that's where I'd look.

chicitybeats is offline Registered User
    That too i want session strings pro and that doesnt come with the regular one and ult. Version cost 750 (maschine crossgrade) so komplete 500+300=800 thats 50 dollars more than just get the full package and get everything and save 50 dollars.

chavernac is offline Registered User
    I feel like Komplete 7 just came out...

Ph.L is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by chavernac View Post
    I feel like Komplete 7 just came out...
    Lol, I was thinking the same thing to myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information