Komplete 10 ultimate, FL Studio, and what I'll be doing with them

bigl2369

The title of this thread isn't correct. I don't have the money to buy them. So I won't be doing anything with them lol. Also I don't want to pirate them because then my computer will be slow and I don't even know if I can be a successful producer.

I'm going to uninstall all of the FL Studio VSTs except for Slicex.

I'll be using Komplete VST instruments and effects. I'll be drawing midi notes with velocity and pitch markers. I'll also be drawing envelopes for my instruments, effects, and tracks. I like various types of basses, leads, pads, sampled orchestral instruments, and sampled or synthed drums. I'll be doing a lot of side chain compression, reverb, delay, EQing, and filtering.

I'll be loading up music files. Deleting the silence in the beginning of the track so it starts on the first transient. Adjusting the tempo of the project to reflect the file. Then slicing it up with the quantized grid. Then I can save those slices as loops. Then I can change the tempo of the project again and stretch or compress the audio so it syncs up. Then I can save these with a BPM label.

Last edited:
I think NI stuff is the best.

Slicex lets you use midi to trigger the rhythmic subdivisions of your loop. I also think that Slicex is cool when you use it with midi pitch markers. If I wanted to pitch shift an entire loop I would load it as a sample and trigger it with a different midi note. Same thing for one shot samples.

Last edited:
Could you PM this to me so I have it for later reference? Terrific info.

But seriously, good call on not using cracked stuff. Just causes problems.

Last edited:
haha he edited the OP and took out all the good stuff!

edit: well that was weird... before I posted this OP was only a sentence long then as soon as I sent the reply OP was back to 3-4 paragraphs.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I would want a nice interface with a quarter inch input. I'd need a good guitar and mic. I think the sample based vsts from NI would be good enough to do everything except for the guitar. And the mic would be for vocals.

http://pastebin.com/MANaFV3b <--- some other terms for music production

I don't believe in expensive hardware or room acoustics. Nor do I think that you need to know everything to be a good producer. I also think that pirating is usually not going to slow down your computer.

Some people will disagree with this list, and maybe even think that it is incorrect. But for my purposes I do believe it is correct. I know the terms and descriptions are valid and maybe if at all a bit too simple.

I know there are going to be people coming into this thread and saying that my list doesn't make any sense. That's just the nature of the internet. No one ever wants to agree with me about anything. It was nice that Yumid thought that information above was terrific. I hope that some other people can provide positive feedback for the OP and the link in this post.

I'm really used to people on the internet calling me a troll and saying that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
MUSIC PRODUCTION ONE SHOT SAMPLES:One shots are loaded up into a sampler and tr - Pastebin.com <--- some other terms for music production

I don't believe in expensive hardware or room acoustics. Nor do I think that you need to know everything to be a good producer. I also think that pirating is usually not going to slow down your computer.

Some people will disagree with this list, and maybe even think that it is incorrect. But for my purposes I do believe it is correct. I know the terms and descriptions are valid and maybe if at all a bit too simple.

I know there are going to be people coming into this thread and saying that my list doesn't make any sense. That's just the nature of the internet. No one ever wants to agree with me about anything. It was nice that Yumid thought that information above was terrific. I hope that some other people can provide positive feedback for the OP and the link in this post.

I'm really used to people on the internet calling me a troll and saying that I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The problem you're experiencing is due to the fact that you just started ranting about stuff that you are planning to do.. But you started it with saying that you're not going to do anything at all with it.

It doesn't make any sense and if these are the kind of threads you make around the web I have no problem believing you when you say you get this kind of response a lot. :O

Especially not when you contradict yourself.

Last edited:
google the ops username... hilarity ensues.. he goes on all these forums and says what he knows and what hes going to do

http://pastebin.com/YcrnhQkR I updated my list of stuff necessary for music production.. Once again I'm gonna give a forewaring that theres probably gonna be people trying to tell me that its incorrect. Which makes my head want to explode because I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Back