keyboard plugins w/ many tones

subtlety

Hey all. I recently got into production (a mere week ago). I find it to be a lot of fun. I've been exploring free vst plugins (instruments and effects).

I'm curious though, as I have an old Casio keyboard here w/ tons of different tones: is there any free vst keyboard (or cheap one for that matter) that comes with lots of different tone presets (for example, piano, electric piano, elec organ, voice oohs, pan flute, etc.) Or is that something you have to mess around with yourself in any given plugin. If it is something you have to figure out on your own with an individual plugin, an explanation would be helpful.

Or is it something that you would need to purchase a keyboard itself for?

Thanks

I should add that the old Casio keyboard I have (very old) doesn't have any cords to connect it to an audio interface. Thus, I'm looking for plugins that have a similar effect.

What you're searching for is called sampler or ROMpler. There're some freebies out there. Like

- E-MU Proteus X

- Native Instruments Kontakt Player

- IKM SampleTank Free

That's the ones I remember the name of.

For realisitic instruments, you need a sample library/ ROMpler. (Kontakt, omnisphere, dimension pro, sampletank)
Most of these have synth sounds too, but some have more than others.

For synth sounds, you can also design your own using a synth, but it's near impossible to make realistic real life instruments

I have a casio ctk with a buncha tones on it but never use them since I hook stuff up to a Pc 24/7.
But I have an maudio 88es connected to the pc and use a ctk as just a piano piano.

What you are talking about is a [Usb-midi] Cable.
[Midi-cable] Is midi on both sides.

If I were in your shoes, I would do a Google search for "free vst synthesizer", or even "free vst instrument". There are rating sites reviewing the best free options available. The world is your oyster.

Back