Just wanted to say Hello

Moonboi

Hello everybody, I'm Ricky aka Moonboi! :hello:
I started making music back when I had 9 years old (16 years ago) when I taught myself how to play the keyboard.
I then started messing around with keyboard's internal sequencer till I got myself into FL Studio some years later.
During these years I've been using both FL Studio and Logic Pro - I actually moved to Logic some months ago when I finished my home "studio" setup.
I make music for love and even tho I would love to do this for a living I still struggle to get a start as I'm way too critic when it comes to music, especially about my own work which is never good enough to me :sigh:

At the moment I'm focusing on my production quality and my own "imprint" as well as on a project with my brother - he's a mad songwriter/rapper who can write pages and pages of stuff in a matter of minutes on anything he listens to.

We produce hiphop and trap but I'm more towards rnb/soul/jazz when it comes to my very own taste and projects.

I hope I can learn a lot from all of you guys and who knows, maybe work together on something.
All the best

Welcome to FP and please know that you get out of this forum what knowledgeable members give which is hopefully helpful and correct info.

When you say imprint is it physical, digital or a hybrid of both?

No harm in wanting to do music for a living but please know that many who have made it a living did it through having business acumen moreso than talent as the former overrides the latter, and while the latter and having connections helps it is no guarantee of success.

Thanks! When I say "imprint" I simply mean something that you do that will make others know its your work. It could be a sound you made that you often fit in beats, could be mixing, tempos, percs, lot of stuff actually. I want people to know its my work as soon as they listen to it. I hope I made myself clear

Thanks! When I say "imprint" I simply mean something that you do that will make others know its your work. It could be a sound you made that you often fit in beats, could be mixing, tempos, percs, lot of stuff actually. I want people to know its my work as soon as they listen to it. I hope I made myself clear

Yeah you made yourself clear, I was thinking in biz terms when you said imprint forgetting about the other definition which is putting one's stamp on whatever is being done.

Hopefully we can learn form you as well. It's a community so everyone adds good information. Welcome to the forum. :D

I hope to learn as I hope to teach you something ^^
I'm nowhere close to be a pro producer but I think I know my stuff and I always keep improving and learning so I might have something to share with you people.

Back