Introduction

Hey I'm learning producing, mixing, songwriting, mastering because these days we have to do everything ourselves, but it's better to have a community to share our technics ;)

What's up peeps. I'm new to the site and love sampling. Straight up taking melodies is a no go but creating your own from samples is cool IMO. Seems like some people don't really know what sampling is all about though.

I do both. Create melodies and sample. Hiphop originated from sampling. And I don't mean this 9th wonder type of sampling. I'm talking about taking the loops and throwing another drum loop under it. Then taking a piano riff from another records and having a new song for someone to rap over. Illmatic is the essence of hiphop. I love sampling. I also love creating my own music, sounds and melodies but that's my flavor. I work with some cats who are samples only and some who are all original. It's all about what you wanna do. Just do it good

I can compose my own music but i pefer to sample theres no need to frown upon it though at the end of the day it all takes skill though making your own melody takes more skill and thought for sure

Back