Intro build to main chorus

Walker9

Hi all,
I am struggling getting past the intro of my song, i have created an intro which i want to finish at around 40 seconds and then mixing in to the main part of my song for the drop. I have tried a lot of different sounds which i have tried to fade from the intro to the main chorus but nothing sounds right. I cant find anything on youtube to make my life easier, finding it very difficult to go from the intro sound to the main beat. any help would be appreciated if this make any sense, thankyou.

Did you make the main synth/beat for the song first? That's usually the best way to do it, and then the intro you can just take stuff out/build it up to the main chorus/synth.

Not sure what you're going for, but since you said "drop"... I'm assuming it's maybe EDM. Trying graphing the synth and/or drums in via a low pass filter.. have it slowly raise up until right before the drop, then have the drums cut out a 1/4 or 1/8 of a bar or so then on the drop the full kick drum and sub will hit.

Hi all,
I am struggling getting past the intro of my song, i have created an intro which i want to finish at around 40 seconds and then mixing in to the main part of my song for the drop. I have tried a lot of different sounds which i have tried to fade from the intro to the main chorus but nothing sounds right. I cant find anything on youtube to make my life easier, finding it very difficult to go from the intro sound to the main beat. any help would be appreciated if this make any sense, thankyou.

the cookie cutter approach to music generally does not work
- work out the big picture then sweat the details would be my advice but you seem stuck
- what are your musical objectives rather than your sonic ones?
i.e. what is your overall structure? what parts have you already written other than your intro? what is your tempo? does it vary at any point?

Appreciate the replys.
Yes Im going for future/deep style. I created an intro and main midi. Mudturtle I will try this approach and see how it goes. This is my first song and using fl studio. Bandcoach my bpm is 128 throughout. I have an intro which I want to end at around 40s and then build up to the drop with the main synth, fading out the intro. Seems to be more difficult than I thought it would be. Started producing around 6 months ago and getting close to where I want to be, this is really the main barrier I have at the moment, i would be very pleased to get this mastered.

Back