interface

jamesdolecek

Im using asio4all currently and im doing strictly midi....would i benefit from an audio interface? Would the latency be any better? Would the playback be better on some high end klipch 2.1 computer speakers? Thanks in advance

Asked similar questions, had similar doubts, and the answer is yes.Asio4all works pretty well[6ms maximum] but a dedicated usb A.I. will reduce te latency to almost 0ms and takes a large load off the machine.Even 1.3ghz machines work better after adding one of those.
Family has the same speakers and from testing, yes the sound quality improves because of direct monitoring on pretty much any audio setup, improvements vary from source to source.

Asked similar questions, had similar doubts, and the answer is yes.Asio4all works pretty well[6ms maximum] but a dedicated usb A.I. will reduce te latency to almost 0ms and takes a large load off the machine.Even 1.3ghz machines work better after adding one of those.
Family has the same speakers and from testing, yes the sound quality improves because of direct monitoring on pretty much any audio setup, improvements vary from source to source.

thanks man

Back