Instruments

lit_boi_eld

can learning a music instrument like keyboard or guitar contribute to music production or can i still produce great music without any training in music instruments.

Learning anything to do with music will contribute to your production. You can still produce music without training but it will take you a lot longer and it makes it difficult to collaborate if you don't understand some type of theory.

Playing an instrument is playing an instrument. Making an electronic beat using no instruments is making an electronic beat with no instruments.

i actually know basics of music theory..scales..chords..melodies n pretty much already make some good chord progressions n melodies..

If you know the basics, salute to you and never let them go as playing an instrument lasts way longer than noodling with software only.

Personally, I know a lot about music, melodies and chords, and I also play the piano. I have to mention that it help me a lot, for example it help me create a nice basseline more easily and faster. But, when I make a sampled beat although it doesn't help me a lot it still helps me. So, you can continue make beats without knowing how to play a music instrument, but if learn it, it will help you in big way.

Last edited:
Back