I'm new here. Any suggestions on a DAW and good tutorial vids/YouTube channels?

Water Land

Sorry for the second topic, but my other intro topic was closed for some reason. Just wanted to continue the 'getting started' phase of my stay here at FutureProducers.com because I feel as though I am still 'getting started.'

So as far as I know, ProTools, Logic, and Reason are like the big three. Are there any DAWs geared toward specific genres of music or are they all pretty good for anything? Right now I just have a MacBook Pro and a 61-key Yamaha keyboard with no MIDI outputs. I think by the end of the summer I should have an 88-key Juno-DS.

I see that the Juno-DS has hammer-action keys. I can probably look this up, but I was wondering if that's essentially the same as having weighted keys that emulate an acoustic piano. I'm sort of in a bind in that I would like a keyboard with MIDI outputs and that's good for producing, but also don't have an 88-key keyboard or piano so I would like one of those too. And I know the weighted keys are harder to press so they would probably increase my dexterity a lot more quickly. So if I can have 88 weighted keys, and a great keyboard for producing all in one, that would be great.

Last edited:
Ok, so now that I have 5 posts, I can post some links.

Here is my 1-year piano progress video:

YouTube

And here is basically a meme I just made of my version of This Is America:

YouTube

And a short composition:

YouTube

Feel free to subscribe, but I probably won't be making any original music related videos for a while...maybe I will do some poetry vids though. I'm good at rhyming. Only problem is that I don't see myself rapping effectively. Eh, we'll see what happens. I'm just trying to be open to whatever I can become, but I'm not much of a singer.

Last edited:
peep my site. there are tutorials and producer tips, etc. - epsilon144.com

The ideas behind the daws are the same - to produce music (to record, arrange, mix, and master music). The only differences between them are the user interface and functionality.

Last edited:
i think the daw dosen't make the producer. if you like what you do and are talented you can use any daw to begin with. i'll suggest fruity loops as your main daw. im using it for over 8 years now and never got disappointed.

the daw you pick really doesnt matter but id suggest you to go with fl studio as its very affordable and there is more than enough tutorials on youtube on how to use it to get you going

I would agree with FL Studio. Depends on what kind of music you're making but for beats, Busyworks Beats and videos showing how popular beats were made are all good.

Back