i want to become a producer

J

juelz21

i need to know how to do to this if anybody can show me to producer like what to buy what not to buy how to sample mix and master etc.

Start out with a computer - fill it with RAM.
Get an audio interface and a DAW (try demos/lite versions and see which suit)
Headphones (monitors when you have more cash - hi-fi in the interim)
USB MIDI controller keyboard (maybe a pad controller)

That gets you started.

1st you will need a computer or laptop make sure the CPU is above 2.0. Then you want to get a software. (Reason, Fl Studio, Logic). You will also want get get plugins and drum kits for sounds. Next you could but it's better to have is a midi keyboard I recommend the AKAI USB keyboards because you won't need to buy a interface to plug it into you computer. Finally you will need studio monitors. you can also you a pair of headphones but I perfer monitors than headphone. Headphones may damage your ear. So that is the basics of becoming a producer because without them you can not make beats. To make beats you can buy classes online, watch youtube videos (some are trash) or got to school. Schools have more connections.

Beat For Sale Hip Hop Beats For Sale

If you want to know what to buy, what not to buy, read magazines; Computer music, Future Music and Sound on Sound. I've got a sh!t load of Sound on Sound magazines I can give you. I'm in the UK, by the way.

1st you will need a computer or laptop make sure the CPU is above 2.0. Then you want to get a software. (Reason, Fl Studio, Logic). You will also want get get plugins and drum kits for sounds. Next you could but it's better to have is a midi keyboard I recommend the AKAI USB keyboards because you won't need to buy a interface to plug it into you computer. Finally you will need studio monitors. you can also you a pair of headphones but I perfer monitors than headphone. Headphones may damage your ear. So that is the basics of becoming a producer because without them you can not make beats. To make beats you can buy classes online, watch youtube videos (some are trash) or got to school. Schools have more connections.

Beat For Sale Hip Hop Beats For Sale

I spent 3 years making beats on laptop speakers, mixing with a spectrum analyzer. Then I was old enough to get a job and got $100 headphones. I miss the grind.

I would honestly say, watch YouTube videos on things to buy and how to do basic things production wise...because if you jump in without even knowing the basics (judging by your initial question) you may find it isn't what you want it to be.

Have you considered browsing this forum? that's pretty much half the threads here. Gear, how-to's, area for feedback, engineer, finding samples, etc. That might be the laziest and broadest question I've ever read.

I'm pretty sure you can find good enough guidance here in FP, like jeepz mentioned. There are lots, i mean lots, of threads here about how to get started and what gear you should buy before you start producing. I myself am a begginer at all of this and a lot of threads here got me going and pointed me the right direction.

Back