I wanna know basics in detail

imDCStar

Hey,

i wanna know the basic of the structure of a beat.

Intro outro, hook chorus, delay verse, transition fx, how many bars. Etc

What does these terms mean? I use fl studio. It'd be great if somebody tells me with the help of time markers + snapshots.

Basic beat structures in western pop music all pretty much follow the same pattern. The following is an example of a typical hip-hop beat structure.

Intro - 4 or 8 Bars
Verse 1 - 16 Bars
Hook (Chorus) - 8 Bars
Verse 2 - 16 Bars
Hook (Chorus) - 8 Bars
Verse 3 - 8 to 16 Bars
Hook (Chorus) - 8 or 16 Bars
Outro/fade - Anything from 4 to 32 bars, depending on how long you want the beat to ride out (usually longer if you know your beat is crazy!)

As a reference, check out something like Sunshine by Lupe Fiasco (Food & Liquor) and you'll be able to make the links between the structure I've provided and the structure of that tune.
As for what names of sections mean, I think it's pretty straightforward and having been a musician for 15 years and a songwriter for 10, I can honestly say that I've never used names for the sections of my structure other than the ones I've mentioned above and a few others, such as 'Bridge', 'Refrain' and jazz terminology like A, B, C and D sections (which is actually even more simple). I hope this helps.

PEACE!

Pick some commercial songs from artists you like, and count how many bars are spent on each section of the song. You'll find that some genres have different structures than others.

Pick some commercial songs from artists you like, and count how many bars are spent on each section of the song. You'll find that some genres have different structures than others.

Also write down which instruments come in/go out during those bars. Its just called analyzing songs. Its not copying, its studying arrangements and its a pretty common 'step' in being a successful producer. At least thats what I'm told haha.

^^^^^I even have a structured form for you to do that in, if you would like (Just ask)

basic beat structures in western pop music all pretty much follow the same pattern. The following is an example of a typical hip-hop beat structure.

intro - 4 or 8 bars
verse 1 - 16 bars
hook (chorus) - 8 bars
verse 2 - 16 bars
hook (chorus) - 8 bars
verse 3 - 8 to 16 bars
hook (chorus) - 8 or 16 bars
outro/fade - anything from 4 to 32 bars, depending on how long you want the beat to ride out (usually longer if you know your beat is crazy!)

as a reference, check out something like sunshine by lupe fiasco (food & liquor) and you'll be able to make the links between the structure i've provided and the structure of that tune.
As for what names of sections mean, i think it's pretty straightforward and having been a musician for 15 years and a songwriter for 10, i can honestly say that i've never used names for the sections of my structure other than the ones i've mentioned above and a few others, such as 'bridge', 'refrain' and jazz terminology like a, b, c and d sections (which is actually even more simple). I hope this helps.

Peace!

this ^^^

Back