I really need help!!

davidvaillant

Hi guys,
So here is my problem: I am really passionnate about electronic music and everything that turns around it, and so I have lately (barely 4 months) begin to produce on FL Studio and I am taking a course online but I still have a lot of questions, such as what are good plug-ins to make EDM? Where do I begin my songs? etc. So if someone could help me with that, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!!

Read through the forums and the stickies, then see if you have any specific questions.

GJ

House music is a broad term tiesto is more trancy and Garrix I would say falls on the proggy side.

I come from a Djing background and have decided to try out producing.

I grew up with house music so was lucky to have my taste evolve naturally.

My advice is go to those artists and find similar ones on Spotify for example if you like Garrix listen to SVD. Really just study their music everyday have it on in the background. You will start to find a common link to what it is you like in your fave of those songs. For example I love atmospheric cinematic sounding chords in songs. But I also like the jazz feel of the early funky house stuff.

Then base your doings around that element you like and it will come easier as you have the region looping you will think a certain hat or kick would sound good here.

Another thing that I would say is learn the structure of a house track. It needs to be mixed into and out of easily by the DJ and as a DJ if a track has got an awful intro and outro you hate playing it.

I like Nexus 2, its a great plug in with a bunch of sounds that can really be used for anything but it definitely has a dubstep, electronic vibe. I also like Sylenth 1. But definitely check out other posts in the forum, there's a lot of great advice and tips to get you started. Also look up fl studio tutorials on youtube, that's basically my go to when I don't know something, if it wasn't for youtube I wouldn't know how to tie my shoes jk lol but for real a lot of great free content on there.

I find dance riffs to be less flamboyant than other genres. More compact and quick and less range in the octave.

Back