I need help! What do I buy? How do I get started?

ExyDot

Hi. So, I've recently decided that I wanted to record music, learn how to produce music, and make beats. Putting all this together, I intend on making quality music.

I want to know where to start. I've been researching all week, but I'm still at a loss. What I understand is, I need to purchase a condenser mic, an interface, and headphones. I want to make hip-hop music, something of a combination between singing and rapping. I most likely won't be utilizing any live instruments, instead I'll likely be making beats myself and mixing once I'm more experienced, and recording my voice over the beats.

My budget is about 200$-300$, but something more to the 200$ side is preferable, maybe in the middle. I've been looking at the Focusrite Scarlette Solo Studio Pack, which seems like a good deal.

It comes with heaphones, Cm25 mic, and headphones. Should I get it? I'm looking more for bundles since I think they're probably the best for saving money, correct me if I'm wrong. Are there any better deals/bundles than that? Is the mic good? I've heard good things about the interface/Scarlette. I just want to know what will be the absolute best for what I want to do and my budget.

If anybody is willing to help me with this directly, and/or help me out when it comes to learning FL studio, my skype is "Awesomegamer1". Any help regardless would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading.

The only truly bad interfaces are the lexicon and edirol I think.
Audio interfaces come with a daw, but the most fully featured one that isn't reaper/lmms/podium would be ableton or cubase bundled interfaces. Not sure if protools does that but they might.

Solo has ableton live[googled it] but the only reason to switch from a daw is to see if it helps when it comes to workflow in the long run.

Honestly when it comes down to it, there's enough freeware to get the feet wet or permanently stick to.
What's necessary is decent headphones and/or speakers, a computer that can run whatever daw being used and a mouse/touch screen or touchpad.

Fl studio and a small midi controller have helped me a lot. Some people start with just a mouse and FL studio and then they purchase more equipment as they learn.

If you want a good and cheap VST. Try synthmaster. I just got it yesterday. The sound make your beats so much better. If you don't plan on making your own sound or adjusting the sound all to much. Just go with the cheaper 30 dollar version. has around 1200 present. They also have a free verson with less sounds

Back