Thread: I NEED HELP... FL Studio and my MIDI

Strizz is offline Registered User

I NEED HELP... FL Studio and my MIDI

Sign in to disable this ad
    When I im playing the pads on my AKAI MPK MINI... there is a bit of a delay when i do it live... when I play it live it sounds of beat with a delay so i adjust my timing and I can make a ok sounding beat becasue i can time the delay... but when I play it back in FL Studio it is WAY off beat and sounds like shit.... when I turn the volume off and just blindly make a beat with the pads and play it back everything is perfect... How can I make no delay on my live sound so I can actually listen to the beat while I make it??

My midi runs to my computer usb and my speakers also run out threw my computers head phone jack

krushing is offline Moderator
    You'll probably need a proper audio interface - as you can see, there's little delay with the actual MIDI messages (if everything's perfect when you're just "blindly banging the pads"), but it's rather the playback that's late. As a temporary solution, you can use ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver

abstracted is offline Registered User
    ASIO never fixed the delay i used to get. only buying a sound card did that.
    Last edited by abstracted; 01-21-2013 at 02:42 AM.
    If you're in need of any kind of graphics, hit me up!

BeatGenerals is offline Registered User
    Asio fixed all my issues so worth a try.

High Quality FL Studio Tutorials

http://www.beatgenerals.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstracted View Post
    ASIO never fixed the delay i used to get. only buying a sound card did that.
    For a lot of people, it at least reduces the latency to workable levels (but obviously it cannot enhance the performance of a $5 soundchip beyond its limits). It's also free, easy enough to set up and doesn't break anything, so I wouldn't see why not try it.

Strizz is offline Registered User
    did you hook your midi or your monitors too your sound card.... My AKAI mpk only has a usb port and my speakers M-Audio AV30 are just like really good home theater speakers and dont have the correct wires to plug into my interface... I will eventually upgrade my speakers to true studio monitors

Just to avoid further confusion, let's not mix ASIO and Asio4All together - the former is an actual low-level driver (used by a lot if not most Windows pro audio interfaces), the latter a WDM driver wrapped to sort-of-work-like ASIO for general use for those interfaces/soundcards that don't have dedicated drivers.

Thread Information