I have found it necessary to lie about the age of some of my beats sometimes. Do you?

I have a few beats in my arsenal that have collect some age of them. Some I still pitch are 4 or 5 years old. I've seen guys devalue a beat when they say/ask , "Damn that shit is banging! That's some new shit chu made???" And I answer, " actually nah man. I made that joint there like 4 years ago". Instantly that act like it should be free or I should consider it a "throw-away" beat when he wouldn't have said that if I said I just cranked it out last night. So, unless I'm working with someone I'm sure places no judgement on the age of a track; I lie.

What say ye about this?

I've seen guys devalue a beat when they say/ask , "Damn that shit is banging! That's some new shit chu made???" And I answer, " actually nah man. I made that joint there like 4 years ago". Instantly that act like it should be free or I should consider it a "throw-away" beat when he wouldn't have said that if I said I just cranked it out last night.

Damn stupidity pisses me off. Just play these fools and get they money.

there have been major hits off old beats that finally got to the right artist. If you don't wanna lie, just update the beat with a new hihat or something and say yeah I just finished it.

I swear some artist are stupid as f*ck, lol.

Why does it even matter when the beat was made,
if you like the beat, you like the beat.

On the flipside, why are you opening your mouth and
telling them you did the beat 4 years ago? lol

Shooting yourself in the foot for no reason.

From now on everything they haven't heard before
was made in the last 24 hours.

Perception if everything.

Last edited:
Its A lie over the computer whats new?:rolleyes:
And if he said he wanted it free when you told him that,You were already f*ckin with a broke artist.:pointing:

pinocchio.jpg

Pinocchio shrug

I have a few beats in my arsenal that have collect some age of them. Some I still pitch are 4 or 5 years old. I've seen guys devalue a beat when they say/ask , "Damn that shit is banging! That's some new shit chu made???" And I answer, " actually nah man. I made that joint there like 4 years ago". Instantly that act like it should be free or I should consider it a "throw-away" beat when he wouldn't have said that if I said I just cranked it out last night. So, unless I'm working with someone I'm sure places no judgement on the age of a track; I lie.

What say ye about this?

Do you realize that you're not required to reply to every question asked of you?

When the guy asked you the question, it had two parts:
- "I like your beat."
- "I'm (only casually) curious about when the beat was made."

Disregard the question about how recently the beat was made.
Focus on the part you'd like to address - how DOPE your beat is!

You can steer the conversation in that direction by talking about:
- a particular synth that was used in the production,
- a cool technique you learned and implemented in the beat,
- etc.

If he continues to press questions you don't want to answer, handle the situation with light humor:
"Man, it just came out of the oven! Don't bite into it yet, it might burn your tongue!"

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

Back