I hate new kind of rap songs and beats..

Again,well said bruh.I won't quote the whole post but this sums it up right here anyways.

Ventriloquist dummies would be more accurate, pacifying the teens as the genes degenerate.

It's crazy what is considered lyrical by todays' standards or what music sounds like.The really bad
part is,it's only going to get worse.
Peace

Last edited:
I agree with almost everything that's been said here. I absolutely cannot listen to any mainstream hip-hop, all it's ever about is money, drugs, & women. Don't get me wrong, all those things are great, but after a certain point, it's like, okay we get it.

As for the instrumental content, mainstream hip-hop is hardly anything besides the same four bars of instrumentation/sample/drumbeat repeated for like six minutes. There is no emotion or feeling in the writing either. I prefer tracks that will take me on a journey from start to finish, & where no two parts are the same. One of my favorite artists ever is Gambino; for that very reason. His lyrics, as well as his beats, are stories.

Everything is ok. Look at Metal. No real metal ever goes top 40 save for maybe Avenged 7 fold?
However metal is alive, and well. Good hip hop is too. There is plenty of very, very good new hip hop out there, but looking in the top 40, or hot 100 is a bad place to find it.

IMO all music genres go through phases. During different era's music is [arguably] good or bad.
With that said, I like some of the new stuff because it sounds like a spinoff of some of the older stuff.

Weird Huh?

I'm sick of cats adopting "Marley" as a stage name in regards to Hip Hop, if you have no connection to the man whose message of "One Love" was an example of music being a healing force when done right, don't say shit, and while I get that it is a not so subtle allusion to marijuana use connected to Rastafarian culture, still it's misappropriation on ignorant rappers part.

Last edited:
Trap music, hip hop, jazz, orchestral music and asian/korean music etc it's all sounds.Sounds people hear and listen to.This and that, complaints abundant.It won't change nothing.Fads are fads, songs are songs, people are people.Hip hop is fun.Hip hop is attitude.Hiphop's a lifestyle.

Always a touchy subject for me because I like music of all genres and styles(except country...I cannot f**k with country at all). I can bump Evidence, Dialated, Rass Kass, Joey Bad A$$, Ghostface, Non Phixion, Immortal Tech, then go on to bump Drake, 2Chainz, Cheef Keef, Toby Keith, Keith urban(wait...I just said no country), whatever.

I will absolutely agree hip hop has become very one sided and predictable on a mainstream level, but i'm not as opposed to mainstream hip hop as I was in 98 when I felt like the only nikka on earth who didn't like Puff Daddy and his shiny suits. Maybe because I'm older and these guys are all "kids having fun" in my eyes. But I tend to take some good out of most hip hop music I hear on the radio these days. NOT YOUNG THUG. That shyt is too all over the place. I wanna punch that dude from nothing more than hearing his voice, lol.

I think everything evolves, one of my big problems with alot of "real hip hop' of today is it's done by artists who'd be mediocre at best in the era their sound originates from. They'd be the guys who come on rap city and make you mad because you're waiting for the vid you want to see to come on and now you've gotta wait antheor 4 minutes hoping they play your jam next.

I don't dwell in the past, that's what you own albums for. I've heard CNN's War Report at least once a week since its release. I bought war report 2, played it once and wished it was a tape so I could put a piece of paper in the hole and dub over it. So I'm not gonna give a pass to weak shyt just because it's reminiscent. I'll just play an old album I f**ked with and when in the mood, turn on the radio without being disappointed.

Last edited:
Some of the artists and producers I fuxx with today are

Statik Selektah - Apollo Brown - Marco Polo - Illmind - DJ Premier - Oh No - Jake One - Madlib
Action Bronson - Freddie Gibbs - Sean Price - Redman - Raekwon - Ab Soul - Schoolboy Q
and so on

Hip hop's been watered down obviously, IF you think the radio is the home of Hip Hop. I'm born in '86 and I saw it coming a mile away. But this culture is what we make it, I don't know of any credible head that bumps Soulja Boy or what have you.. These poisonous A&R's and their million dollar budgets can't buy flavour, **** em, they don't get a pass. That's how I see it, I don't consider them or the shit they're spewing representative of the Hip Hop culture I love. But it really gets frustrating sometimes. You see commercials mocking the culture, people "rapping" to sell their trendy shit or whatever.. It's biased, but don't let it get to you.

Wolves don't loose sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Last edited:
Not my intention to be harsh, but **** all of you who says "lala needs to save this genre" "mainstream this n mainstream that" tizzling about bullshit saying that hiphop is dead... Sure, hiphop might be dead on your big radio channel. If thats such a big problem for you, why do you tune in? Shut it off.

Hiphop is still blooming, its still evolving. Like a ****ing pokemon. Ya'll just too lazy or to un-intrested to look for it.

Back