I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

Guys.. i love mixing.. but i got only a laptop to do it!
No controller, no mixer, no cdjs. just a crappy laptop with traktor on it!
I can't prelisten but it works. If you wanna djing u can (with the worriest gear). Practice & if you got money... buy some great stuff and improve ur dj skills :)

This poster is inspiring, but also is a good start to know wether you're ready to make the leap if you've not bought all the DAW components already which is my case haha

The thing is most pros do give advices for starters who want to get into real pro quality sounds.

What about those who have another activity and just want to spend their spare time practicing, learning and creating decent quality music for non commercial purposes ? I mean unless you want to make this your main activity, there is no point in spending 20K$ for a state of the art DAW right ;-) Music is my passion but lets be honest, even though i love my music, its not gonna help me eat everyday so... lets keep a budget then hahaha

And please forgive me for potential spelling mistakes, i'm a french guy with the goal to improve my english skills ;-)

Thanks for posting this I really needed it right now. I've been getting super frustrated as of late but I just have to learn to be more patient and to keep grinding and everything will eventually fall into place.

Theirs a lot more to it then just a years worth of producing. I've been doing it for 8 years and i'm still learning. Just stick at it.

Back