I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

First post and just want to say thanks! Really helpful tips. I'm definitely dedicated and I am willing to work.

This is such a good post. Want to make this image my phone background. The best part about producing and creating art is knowing that even if you're not on this earth anymore, you've created something that will last forever. Your songs have messages in them and define points in your life. In 30 years you're going to listen to a tune you made and be like "damn, I remember this tune. I was feeling pretty down and decided to make something after a bad day at work". That is where the real reward comes IMO

After about a year of producing I was so frustrated with it not living up to my expectations that I quit for about a year. Then I came back at it again and worked through it, so glad I did.

I just finished re-working on a track for a third time and now seeing this makes me just even more eager to strive for better music. It's so true! With my track I had a certain image in my mind and I always tried to put that image in my mind into the music. Sort of like a painter does with his/her painting. I never achieved it - until today I noticed something different. Today was the great step for me with that track. I had gotten closer to what I have envisioned and it is the process of getting there that I value more now. I learned so much more about mastering and other stuff with my DAWs. Now I can make tracks in a matter of hours rather than whole weekends. I feel more professional. So I guess what I am trying to get at is that it's not really even the aspect that the song will be a hit that's crucial but rather that YOU as a producer/artist have grown to adapt your production to your musical taste.

Just my take on this thread. Anyway great image that is posted I'm def going to save it on my desktop :) :cool:

I guess this puts a positive perspective on any view and can show you how much you practice you will always become better and better each time!

I've seen and read this quote so many times before, but I keep forgetting about it and I keep getting frustrated. Looks like it's time to make it my desktop background!

It's actually really interesting to see other people talking about this, I kinda thought I would be doomed forever because my taste was far too high standard when applied to my own stuff. I have renewed inspiration! The gap is so bloody huge though :-(

I have a major percussion barrier.

Back