I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

Great Post

Very informative post. I don't think a lot of the up and coming producers realize the amount of work that's needed to be successful. Thanks for the post!

I am one of the noobs mentioned and I liked the article at 50 and disabled due to a massive stroke I know first hand humility. I do read everything I can before I attempt anything Thanks

For ALL beginners who are frustrated

I have this as my background and I thought I'd share it with the community.
I've been striving everyday to increase my knowledge of producing for over a year now,
which is just the tip of the iceberg in comparison to the journey I intend to make.

Anyways, here is an inspirational picture and message to all you unsatisfied, frustrated creative people out there.

JfaKeLY.jpg

Truth, great message!

I think the most satisfying part is looking back at the stuff you've made and realizing how much you've improved. I often listen to the tracks I made two years ago when starting out and it lends a little motivation. I also laugh at how bad it was.

I don't think the gap ever closes, but it certainly gets narrower.

This image and "The Gap" idea has been getting a lot of publicity lately - and rightfully so! It's an incredibly powerful and important message that is not spoken about often enough. It's also one of those things that can be "forgotten" once you get to a more comfortable stage in your development, which makes it even harder for people to understand it.

Here's a great, short video on The Gap by Ira Glass where I originally watched this idea.

THE GAP by Ira Glass on Vimeo

For those that enjoy this image, it's worth the quick watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back