Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Odessey
    [/list]During the production process, do you rely on your monitors alone? Or do you use headphones at a minimum level?
    I have 2 sets of monitors/speakers so i use the headphones only in rare occasions

Quote Originally Posted by breal
    This was well over due.
    Thanks
    Actually i wrote this about 4 days ago....It took me about 2 hours. When I hit the "post" button I was no longer LOGGED IN and the entire post disappeared!

I WAS PISSED:mad:
    Last edited by BigBrotherMotown; 02-27-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    more should really follow this lol
    [URL="http://www.starterbeatz.com"][IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/ctscott203/animated.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Thanks
    uhhhhh, sticky?

Thanks

Thanks
    So that people understand ...

I think I can speak for all the regulars when I say that the purpose of these ideas is to IMPROVE the quality of the site as a useful tool for all concerned ... INCLUDING serious newbies.

There are in inordinate number of "drive-by" posts from people who clearly - from the nature of their questions and comments - have ZERO genuine interest in being a part of this community. They just want (or demand) instant answers to questions which are often worded so poorly or exhibit such little common sense that there is simply no rational way to deal with them.

This site is called "Future Producers", and it's about "musicians learning from musicians". If you aren't a musician interested in gaining the level of knowledge and experience to become a producer someday ... you don't belong here. Why is that so hard to understand?

If you have absolute ZERO knowledge of music, and ZERO ability to take constructive criticism or advice, ZERO interest in anything but being spoonfed easy answers to things you don't have any real interest in learning about, and ZERO knowledge to contribute ... you don't belong here. Why is that so hard to understand?

It's not about being mean or elitist. You don't just decide one day to become a carpenter, go on a forum and ask "how I make a house?" (expecting a three sentence answer) and then get pissed because someone won't post up a step-by-step, do you? It's obviously more involved than that, and anyone who doesn't know better is either a child, retarded or otherwise beyond help.

The same thing goes for the "I just brought me a MotifXS and an MPC1000 and a new Mac and a MBOX and Protools and and a Axiom and a FantomXR ... what cables do I get that would be best for making my drums bang and how do I hook it all up to my home stereo and what synth makes that T-Pain effect?" type of poster. God bless them for being able to afford those tools ... but they are either a child, a retard or beyond help ... don't belong here. Why is that so hard to understand?

It's a law of nature ... whatever you feed grows. Let's not feed idiocy and laziness, or we end up with FP being only about lazy idiots.

People - especially hip-hoppers - talk about "keepin' it real" ... let's do that. Bling isn't "real". The videos yous see on BET aren't "real". Acting like a retard on TV is entertaining, but it isn't the "real" hip-hop, and it isn't how "real" producers actually work and get what they got ... ya feel me?
    Last edited by dansgold; 02-27-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    [SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I communicate with clarity and directness. I simply give my [I]informed [/I]opinion or post [I]accurate [/I]information in as straight forward a manner as possible. The vast majority of the time you can count on anything I write as being authoritative. If you feel insulted by something I post ... check carefully to see if what I wrote is [I]true[/I]. I'll try to be kind, but if the choice is between "nice" and "truthful" ... the truth wins everytime.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks
    "Thou Shalt “BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS" (SALES PEOPLE)"

HILARIOUS!!!

GREAT POST...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dansgold
    So that people understand ...

I think I can speak for all the regulars when I say that the purpose of these ideas is to IMPROVE the quality of the site as a useful tool for all concerned ... INCLUDING serious newbies.

There are in inordinate number of "drive-by" posts from people who clearly - from the nature of their questions and comments - have ZERO genuine interest in being a part of this community. They just want (or demand) instant answers to questions which are often worded so poorly or exhibit such little common sense that there is simply no rational way to deal with them.

This site is called "Future Producers", and it's about "musicians learning from musicians". If you aren't a musician interested in gaining the level of knowledge and experience to become a producer someday ... you don't belong here. Why is that so hard to understand?

If you have absolute ZERO knowledge of music, and ZERO ability to take constructive criticism or advice, ZERO interest in anything but being spoonfed easy answers to things you don't have any real interest in learning about, and ZERO knowledge to contribute ... you don't belong here. Why is that so hard to understand?

It's not about being mean or elitist. You don't just decide one day to become a carpenter, go on a forum and ask "how I make a house?" (expecting a three sentence answer) and then get pissed because someone won't post up a step-by-step, do you? It's obviously more involved than that, and anyone who doesn't know better is either a child, retarded or otherwise beyond help.

The same thing goes for the "I just brought me a MotifXS and an MPC1000 and a new Mac and a MBOX and Protools and and a Axiom and a FantomXR ... what cables do I get that would be best for making my drums bang and how do I hook it all up to my home stereo and what synth makes that T-Pain effect?" type of poster. God bless them for being able to afford those tools ... but they are either a child, a retard or beyond help ... don't belong here. Why is that so hard to understand?

It's a law of nature ... whatever you feed grows. Let's not feed idiocy and laziness, or we end up with FP being only about lazy idiots.

People - especially hip-hoppers - talk about "keepin' it real" ... let's do that. Bling isn't "real". The videos yous see on BET aren't "real". Acting like a retard on TV is entertaining, but it isn't the "real" hip-hop, and it isn't how "real" producers actually work and get what they got ... ya feel me?
    AMEN................100%

Thanks
    good read for both the new and old
    [URL="http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=358230&T=218"]www.acidplanet.com[/URL]

Thanks
    this is the first post i've read

Thanks
    And it's about the best introduction you'll ever get to FP. Welcome.
    They Make A Desert And Call It Peace

Bittihiisi | Krushing | Krushord | Salaneuvosto |

Thread Information