I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

You should add "learn an instrument" on there probably, I think that would usually help a lot, especially if you are young. I started with piano.

I frikin love this site but this takes the cake...every commandment is true and heartfelt.....theres never enuff stuff to learn about producing/composing..and this is a tool to do such

New Member....

thanks for the advice....im new to this site....and i've been producing on flstudio for about a year and a half...i've got a myspace music page...so i would appreciate any feedback on my production....thank you...

people on this site keep answering me and I dont know what they are refering to, but we newbies do need to work to be more independent. Part of what that means is paying our own way to learn. Now, you can make it in this business, even as a newbie. Folks will say pay your dues and other truisms, that is true.
Just dont let others hold you back, make progress according to you. Go, Go you can do what you decide, The secret is to find out how spread love
gg

I copied to a note pad for further posting to all those in need of law...

Last edited:
I frikin love this site but this takes the cake...every commandment is true and heartfelt.....theres never enuff stuff to learn about producing/composing..and this is a tool to do such

I agree as well. There is always so much more to learn. This is a great thread indeed.

I missed this. Please clarify what you mean.
gg:cheers:
I was talk'n about how people can ask stuff before researching and then maybe asking for clarification vs just being lazy and wanting others to put in the leg work... Google is a information highway....cats should ride it and follow that trail of discovery...

youre absolutely right, and many times have done it myself. My thinking, no excuses from me now or ever,is that I can be in exchang and supply others with something they may not know as much about and collab and interface to save eachothewr time energy and build relations. Maybe Im living in lala land, lol.
But often people ask for my help and never gripe or complain until the shoe flips.
In many ways I prob shouldnt be doing music, cause I know sooo lil about the technical aspects of recording and equipment and electronics period. I am grinding to be above and beyond and to overcome the adversity that I meet. But, thats no excuse to make my probs someone elses problems. I agree.
thanks
gg

YES This is great, thanks!
I especially agree with "Thou shalt BE HUMBLE"
Quite a few people, in my opinion, don't take the time out to listen and learn from others.

Awesome advise, got my pad out and took it all down... =D

Thank you so much...
A.L.

People are cpmplaining about this site, well Im getting a lot of love. Thats the only thing that theres just too little of. Yea. Next, often musicians cant afford to get what we need. VOLUNTEER LAWYERS FOR THE ATRS ARE ALL OVER THE COUNTRY for those that dont make over $37,500 year. They will set up your business LLC or register your songs. Po mans copyright is said by lawyers not to work. HOPE THIS HELPS. dINERO SLIM GOONEY AND SO MANY PEOPLE ARE WRITING TO ME concerning my posts. Im just here to share and to learn. I want to make it and I want you to make it too. We can make it, at some level. Forget negativity( i had a hard day too, got no girl). BUT I WANT MUSIC AND TO SHARE WHO i AM, BECAUSE i THINK i HAVE SOMETHING GOOD TO SHARE. Call me whatchoo want, say Im soft, I am, because I know how to love. Starting with loving me. What you put put is what you get back. Thanks guys for being kind and considerate.
Spread it yall LOVE love
gg

read the post and this is excellent material to have...also just enforces the question of which DAW i am going to eventually purchase...

Back