I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

yeah thats good stuff i remember when me and my boy got our first studio i was hustlin at the time and i had a friend who was mad knowledgeable so he took me to guitar center and we bought some studio monitors a sound card a mic a mixer a headphone amp and some other small things and he hooked it up for us............................................. it was bad we would go to record and be like we cant hear anything and he would be like is the gain up "whats gain" .........." oh thanks" man we went through months of stuff not working and not knowing why we would try to do it ourselves unplugging stuff and forgetting where it was now i look back like damn we were idiots .......... thankfully i had a good freind who didnt get too annoyed with me calling him every 30 minutes............ but yeah a little research would be a good thing before you buy equiptment because without him we woulda spend a whole bunch of money on useless stuff............. like my cousin did and i went to jersey to visit like what in the hell did you buy??? but thats another story and another trip to guitar center to correct his wrongs lol...

Last edited:
Very Well said......i wish more producers would take the time to adhere to these commandments

...dope!

Last edited:
hello everyone im new here u can just call me eddie. this site is so helpful. i am aspiring to be the best producer that i can be. thanks for these commandments to give me an idea of where i need to start. good luck to everyone

well im a noob and i read all of that **** and i really appreciate this post.

i am a newb to this board, not to production and i enjoyed reading this post...good stuff everywhere..thanks for the re-direct in my thinking

has anyone went to the la recording school in the hollywood area??if so how was it??

also wat demos and **** can i download to try out makin beats and mixin and **** like that..

I am a newb some kind a way. I have researched and learned, and not learned. Asked questions and learned and not. I have asked over a million questions, some the same ones, over and over.
Newbs have got to first decide what they want . Because you can get advice from producers and they will answer like producers. But, I am an aspiring song writer and my needs may be different. I started off trying to learn all about engineering, and writing, singing and rapping, play keys and how to bounce tracks and use acid, cubase and sonar. It's too much for me. It will take years for some people to learn all that.
KNOW WHAT YOU WANT YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE IT. bUT, STUDY AND ASK TOO.
sOMEBODY WANTS TO MENTOR, THATS WHAT THEY WANT.
Decide what you want to do and be that.
gg

i can't get any attachements to load ? is there any instructions on this site for newbies ?? where is the "help" button ?

Last edited:
Son las mejores recomandaciones que se le pueden dar a un novato como yo,..

.! Gracias !

Las tomare en cuenta ,....sobre lo que escribiste sobre la humildad

....creo que es la 2a mas importante , .. despues de la rerecomendacion para cuidar nuestro sentido mas valioso, ...

... El poder Escuchar !

Last edited:
Back