How to switch up a sample for the chorus/bridge/etc?

Ubereem

I have a really dope sample that I am going to use, but I can't figure out how to switch it up for the Chorus, the ends of verses, and the bridge and outro.

I would just like some ideas.

Before the chorus section, take out the drums or add cymbals the transitions into the chorus section. Then once the chorus ends, repeat the same process.

Try filter sweeping, a stutter effect, pitchshifting, a tapestop effect and/or repeat the just the start of the sample on 16th notes (or 8ths, etc.). Hope this helps.

Before the chorus section, take out the drums or add cymbals the transitions into the chorus section. Then once the chorus ends, repeat the same process.

This. You can also change the hi-hat pattern or add some rides/cymbals to play until the chorus ends. You can chop us the sample in a different way but still keep it similar, or just try with adding a simple melody to play over the sample while chorus is going (strings, piano or whatever may suit the sample vibe). Feel free to experiment, listen to some similar productions from other people as well.

Back