How to start off on SoundCloud (+Introduction)

LosAddos

Hey future Producers and Artists!

Starting off on SoundCloud can be really hard and frustrating, if you do it wrong. So here are a few tips that i can give you to get startet and gain followers.

Tip #1: Creating your profile:
- Having a good looking profile is a key element to catch peoples attention. Get yourself a good profile-picture. You can use a logo (make one on your own or buy one on fiverr for literally 5$) or a good photo of yourself in high definition, whatever you prefer.
- Write something about you in your bio. It can be a little funny so don't take yourself too serious. It is way better than a boring bio spammed with links.
- Link your Social Media.

Tip #2: Make sure your music is presentable:
- Before you put anything out there, you should be confident about it. That confidence is reached through good quality of your production. If you know your tune sounds good you are one step further to getting big on SoundCloud. Send your Song around your friends and ask them if they like it. Maybe you even know someone who has knowledge in mixing or mastering.

Tip #3: Tagging
- Tagging your beats is very important and will help other people find your music. Just use tags that describe your song and genre.

Tip #4: Be consistent:
- Upload songs consistently so the people who follow you won't forget about you. If you post something and then you're gone for half a year it will not get you any further. It is key to upload on a regular. That's how you keep the momentum going.

Tip #5: Engage with people:
- Like, Repost and comment stuff you REALLY like. Find people with common taste of music and engage with them to build relationships.
Don't just repost everything you see because A: you can get a strike. and B: people will see through you bulls**t.
Listen to peoples music if they ask you for it and ask them to listen to yours in return.

Tip #6: Advertising:
- Self advertising when done correctly can be good for you. BUT BE AWARE AND DON'T MAKE MISTAKES LIKE:
Sounding overconfident: "i'm the best producer out there check me out"
Sounding rude: "check me out my songs are way better than this!"
Sounding too shy: "could you please listen to my song? it is not good but i need feedback pls Senpai."
- Share your link to your social media pages like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

That are the key elements you need to have in mind to get exposure! I hope i helped you out a little. :)

I'm a 19 yo Producer from Germany and I'm tryna make it big and live off of my music!
I just hit 150 soundcloud followers and i know how hard it can be. Help me out and follow me on Soundcloud: soundcloud. com/losaddos (no spacebar)

(SORRY FOR TYPING MISTAKES)

Welcome but at your age and beyond do not set yourself up for disappointment by wanting to make it big and live off of music. What's your education level? Be sure to have a career that is non music related.

yeah i have job. but i dream of doing music as my job
Don't we all. I'd just make your beats and have fun listening to them and collaborate with people. That's all I wanna do. Was just listening to my shit earlier like, fuck yeah I made this. lol

Nowadays I feel like its possible to live off of a small following but you definitely need to expand your range, be it other biz ventures, writing, dancing etc whatever skills you have..sometimes just music is not enough and even if it is, most successful artists are building business often times outside of the music industry...wether is real estate...investing in franchises, creating brands etc.

Keep doin what you are doing and really believe in yourself. If you work at it everyday and build your business up anything is possible. Good luck on your journey. Great tips!!!

Well I am there sitting with 1 subscriber, so you are doing a great job. Haven't uploaded anything much and just created my acc, but still, 150 would mean something if I achieved it.

Back