How to record a podcast voice?

graceboi

Lately, I've came across a lot of the dirty south beat having a podcast voice saying something like 'you're listening to' etc.. It's very common among trap beats as well. I'm always curious, for those who don't have a voice, how do they do that? Are those voice fake programmed or was it a real person actually record that? I've heard it many times in a lot of them song so I assume there's a trick to it? Anybody have any idea what I'm taking about? I just started making dirty south beats and I'm looking to compliment those voices into some of my beats, but I don't have a voice and neither do I know anyone around here that does. What advice can you give me? Is it possible to hire a radio man to do that for me? Your thoughts?

All you need is a voice actor/radio guy to do that for you.

I know some speech program that will do that, but they aren't realistic. So these people who make beats actually hire radio man to do that for them? Really? How do they do that? Contact them?

Pretty Much: many radio stations will let you talk to the talent or even e-mail them direct.

I used a speech program for one podcast I put together and another I did, I just pitch shifted my voice after I spoke with it dropped down in pitch so that it was modulated and not quite me (as with most folks I don't like my recorded voice)

i use a few different techniques, sometimes i might go to google translate or a text to speech site and type in what i want then play it back and record it. if i have to record my own voice then ill throw fx on it like pitch shifting, distortion or vocoding if it has to be in a certain key

Pretty Much: many radio stations will let you talk to the talent or even e-mail them direct.

I used a speech program for one podcast I put together and another I did, I just pitch shifted my voice after I spoke with it dropped down in pitch so that it was modulated and not quite me (as with most folks I don't like my recorded voice)

That's quite possible, although I think it's just weird to contact them just to get a little voice recorded for you. If your big and you have beats going on out there...maybe...but that's just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

i use a few different techniques, sometimes i might go to google translate or a text to speech site and type in what i want then play it back and record it. if i have to record my own voice then ill throw fx on it like pitch shifting, distortion or vocoding if it has to be in a certain key

I've try a few of them and to be honest I don't like it. Do you know any good one? I think using my own vocal and drop the pitch is a better route.

Last edited:
Those DJ's are in the same boat as everyone else - they'll do just about anything to make a few extra bucks, don't be setting them on a pedestal or anything remember at the end of the day we all sleep in a bed and in the morning we all put our pants on one leg at a time and we all got to eat, breathe, piss and shit to survive whether a king or street sweeper we all answer to the reaper.......

Bandcoach is correct. I don't do much really. I simply write my own script and send it to commercial radios to record a tag/vocal drops for me. That my friend is how pple been doing it on their mixtape.

Last edited:
Yeah those are voiceovers, a lot of radio stations and DJs have them. Often they have some effects applied to them!

Back