How much should I sell my beats for?

• Thread starter OriginalProductions
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OriginalProductions

I am wondering what everyone thinks of my beats. This is so I can get a general idea of what they should sell for exclusively. I really appreciate other producers opinions. Thanks a lot.

www.originalproductions.net

It's up to you . . . However much you feell ike pricing them and how much they are worth to you.

I personally charge about $150.00 and up as of right now. I've been told I should be charging way more but I've been making good profit with my pricings so far and I'm fine with it.

It's basicly up to you what you want to charge and how much you are ooking to get paid for them.

i personally think you should just make your prices negotiable. you never know if some hi-budget rapper(most likely dipset) would come through and check your shi-t out, and i heard they pay about 3 grand a pop. NOW THATZ SOME SERIOUS DOUGH RIGHT THERE!!! Im digging that "under pressure" beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
depends. here how it go at secret service

100-200 for exclusives that are on non-majorly released mixtapes (not in stores)

200-300 for exclusives that are on non-majorly released albums

300-400 for exclusives that are on released mixtapes or albums (in stores)

500 and up for major label sales

Yea it all depends on you.. I charge some people 150 and that includes recording.. But if they want it done by a certain date then I up the price to 210..

But it all depends on what kind of people you are working with.. If you know that they don't have a lot of money then don't charge much.. And i'm pretty sure that they would come back again if you give them a good price..

i listened to some of your beats and you defenenetly should not be selling exclusively for less then $300. Some of them could easily be sold in the $400-$500 range. Remember any beat you sell exclusively you can NEVER sell again. Assuming you listen to some of the people who earlier posted in this thread and sell your tracks for $100-$200 a piece. Someone like me could come along drop a grand on 10 of your beats. Then shop them to higher paying people, give to a music manager to shop or even just mass lease them for $100 a piece and in a year your 10 hottest tracks i bought for $1,000 could make me $10,000 or more.

basically, why sell a beat exclusively for $150 when you could just lease it non-exclusively 2 times for $75, make the same amount and still own the beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auditory6 said:
basically, why sell a beat exclusively for $150 when you could just lease it non-exclusively 2 times for $75, make the same amount and still own the beat. [/B]

Thats spot on.

I personally go by the amount of time I spent making the beat and the hype I get from friends

Whatever you are going to sell your beats for exclusive. Make it consistent. Don't say $45 for this one and then say oh, $100 for this one. All of your beats need to be the same quality, and they should all be hits so be careful you may chase customers away without a consistent price. On the net though the average exclusive price is from $50-$150, me I sell for $50. All my beats are fire so they all sell for the same price.

Last edited:
Whatever you are going to sell your beats for exclusive. Make it consistent. Don't say $45 for this one and then say oh, $100 for this one. All of your beats need to be the same quality, and they should all be hits so be careful you may chase customers away without a consistent price. On the net though the average exclusive price is from $50-$150, me I sell for $50. All my beats are fire so they all sell for the same price.

I cant agree with that enough

i listened to some of your beats and you defenenetly should not be selling exclusively for less then $300. Some of them could easily be sold in the $400-$500 range. Remember any beat you sell exclusively you can NEVER sell again. Assuming you listen to some of the people who earlier posted in this thread and sell your tracks for $100-$200 a piece. Someone like me could come along drop a grand on 10 of your beats. Then shop them to higher paying people, give to a music manager to shop or even just mass lease them for $100 a piece and in a year your 10 hottest tracks i bought for $1,000 could make me $10,000 or more.

basically, why sell a beat exclusively for $150 when you could just lease it non-exclusively 2 times for $75, make the same amount and still own the beat.

never thought of it that way. DAMN !

I sell mine average about $350. My low end is $150 for older beats and as high as $1500 if the right person shows interest. depending on the beat A hook adds alot of value, maybe an extra $150. thing is, dont worry too much about what others charge. Instead think more about what is easier for you. Personally it takes me time to feel like I really have something completed so I up my exclusives prices higher and sell leases @ $25. If you can crank out and sale 5 or 6 beats a week @ $100 then more power to you. but if you take a little more time then up the price and create deals with your leases so they can make the money. In all, one of my tracks netted me $950 combined with leases and selling it exclusive. Its about figuring out how you work at your best and building your business around it. Competing with other guys in quality more so instead of price cause as long as your leases are similar then you can make money and if you get enough traffic and your beat is hot enough then sooner or later somebody will try to cop exclusives even if the price is higher.

Last edited:
depends. here how it go at secret service

100-200 for exclusives that are on non-majorly released mixtapes (not in stores)

200-300 for exclusives that are on non-majorly released albums

300-400 for exclusives that are on released mixtapes or albums (in stores)

500 and up for major label sales

I agree with that

free! make sure u get credit and if its a major $1000 and up, but whoever said getting the offer first and calculate from there had good advice

Yeah I feel that..I say it alls depends on what u sing sometimes also, but 50$-150$ is bout right. NIce tracks Dirty scope..

www.soundclick.com/SlimmDaKrook

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back