Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How much should I sell my beats for?

How much should I sell my beats for?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I am wondering what everyone thinks of my beats. This is so I can get a general idea of what they should sell for exclusively. I really appreciate other producers opinions. Thanks a lot.

www.originalproductions.net

H&R
    H&R is offline Designer
    It's up to you . . . However much you feell ike pricing them and how much they are worth to you.

I personally charge about $150.00 and up as of right now. I've been told I should be charging way more but I've been making good profit with my pricings so far and I'm fine with it.

It's basicly up to you what you want to charge and how much you are ooking to get paid for them.
    www.CreateBuildWin.com - Your Music Marketing & Design Solution

TekIzSyk is offline Member
    i think you should sell for 150-200 full rights.
    - Skillz You Kontrol -

one_time45 is offline Banned
    i personally think you should just make your prices negotiable. you never know if some hi-budget rapper(most likely dipset) would come through and check your shi-t out, and i heard they pay about 3 grand a pop. NOW THATZ SOME SERIOUS DOUGH RIGHT THERE!!! Im digging that "under pressure" beat.
    Last edited by one_time45; 07-13-2005 at 04:02 PM.

cappachino is offline Registered User
    depends. here how it go at secret service

100-200 for exclusives that are on non-majorly released mixtapes (not in stores)

200-300 for exclusives that are on non-majorly released albums

300-400 for exclusives that are on released mixtapes or albums (in stores)

500 and up for major label sales
    likes this.

Dj-FSC is offline Registered User
    Yea it all depends on you.. I charge some people 150 and that includes recording.. But if they want it done by a certain date then I up the price to 210..

But it all depends on what kind of people you are working with.. If you know that they don't have a lot of money then don't charge much.. And i'm pretty sure that they would come back again if you give them a good price..

Auditory6 is offline Registered User
    i listened to some of your beats and you defenenetly should not be selling exclusively for less then $300. Some of them could easily be sold in the $400-$500 range. Remember any beat you sell exclusively you can NEVER sell again. Assuming you listen to some of the people who earlier posted in this thread and sell your tracks for $100-$200 a piece. Someone like me could come along drop a grand on 10 of your beats. Then shop them to higher paying people, give to a music manager to shop or even just mass lease them for $100 a piece and in a year your 10 hottest tracks i bought for $1,000 could make me $10,000 or more.

basically, why sell a beat exclusively for $150 when you could just lease it non-exclusively 2 times for $75, make the same amount and still own the beat.
    Last edited by Auditory6; 07-15-2005 at 07:11 PM.

jazmanning is offline Registered User
    Originally posted by Auditory6
    basically, why sell a beat exclusively for $150 when you could just lease it non-exclusively 2 times for $75, make the same amount and still own the beat. [/B]
    Thats spot on.

I personally go by the amount of time I spent making the beat and the hype I get from friends

Emmanyei is offline Registered User
    see how much they can offer u then u decide wether u wanna lower it or rise it

Pro_tunes is offline Member
    So a good price to charge is $100-$300? or more?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information