How much to charge to record mixtape????

cangrijj

Ok I been recording for 2 yrs on and off but I got this cat who wants to record a 10-15 song mixtape. How much should I charge him? My recordings sound pretty good and everyone leaves satisfied with the finished product hit me up asap thanks

charge him a flat fee.. and give him a time frame that way you're not working on his mixtape for more than one or two months.... probably if you get organized you can do it in less than a month two weeks....
record then mix and premaster..... later.... record first all the songs then move to the next level mixing and premaster......
and I would charge him depending from $500-$1,500... if the guy got change discuse with him......

I did a 10 track mixtape for a rapper who brought his own beats he wanted to work on, some of them were industry beats - either way I didn't have to produce, just record and mix the 10 tracks. Only charged him $200 flat cuz he was really fast. Recorded like 3 tracks in 1.5 hours.

I just finished up on a mixtape fo my guy. He didnt have n e money, but he paid me with a couple products. A laptop; 2.6 ghz, 512mb and a external usb/firewire 200 gb harddrive.

Hell i even produced the intro and another track cus I wanted my flavor on the album. but that's just me.

I think i was compensated evenly though. Prolly came out to bout $800-1000.

Back