How to mix this digitally?

Johnny Martin

Hey all

I used to mix on turntables but have never tried digital mixing. Been getting back into some house recently and have put together some tunes Id love to create as a mix! Any suggestions for which software to use? Something not too complicated for beginners! lol

Mix as follows:

1. Aaaron 'Feelin This
  2. Boston Bun - Closer
  3. Metro Area -- Miura
  4. Chicken Lips - He Not In (Who Da Funk – Shiny Disco Balls acappella)
  5. Daniel Fernandes - Give You Ride (Original Mix)
  6. Claude VonStroke - Barrump
  7. Louie Vega & Jay Sinister feat. Julie McKnight – Diamond Life
  8. Weiss - I Feel Better - Original Mix
  9. I'll Take You There (The Shapeshifters Remix) (feat. Jamie Principle)
  10. 4Tune500 - Dancing In The Dark (CamelPhat Remix - Vocal Mix)
  11. Jesse Rose & Trozé - Chocolate (Dark Chocolate version)
  12. Disclosure- Apollo

Real time DJ... Virtual DJ, Serato (needs controller), Traktor, my preference in that order. Time line style... Mix Meister, can even do it in your DAW, Cubase etc.

If you're used to the vinyl style you'll want to turn key lock off. I hate the sound of mixes with key lock anyways. The songs don't phase together correctly. Also, if using a controller it's harder to hear the adjustments you make on the platter as you don't hear the record 'bend' as you push or tap.

get audacity
load each track into audacity and then arrange the sequence as you want

alternatively using some other software you can use A-B rolling - odd numbered tracks in one audio channel, even numbered tracks in the other
at the position you want the mix to happen for successive pairs of tracks, you can use fades or even cross fades if possible in the sw you are using

Back