How many beats do you make in a month?

shmallen

Just curious as to how much music you guys put out. In some 9th Wonder interviews he's stated that he could easily do 30 in a week!! I grind out maybe 6 or 7 a month if I'm lucky.

Well, there are many factors that come into play. For example, someone using only FL Studio with a mouse and keyboard, might take a little longer to finish beats than someone with an MPC. And I doubt that he bangs out 30 completely mastered beats a week, prolly just bases of a potentially good beat :rolleyes:

maybe 8-10 FULL complete sequenced and mastered beats, maybe 20 or so ideas.lol

Yea it just depends on your situation, I work and go to school and am involved in other activities so i do what i can, but i do get alot done considering!!! lol

If I average over the last five years then 5 a month.

If I look at my high output period last year (2010) it was something like 20 a month total complete nothing more needed. I was pumping out a track every day and a half from start to finish for 45 days and then i relaxed.

Over 2010 it would have averaged 13 a month (169 for the year and making a month mean the moon cycle, which it is named after)

2011 has been much slower with an average of 4 or 5 a month and nothing for the last two (moving house takes a toll on everything in your life)

TBH I think 9th is full of shit.

I seen one interview where they asked how many beats he can make in a day...

He said 7-8 easy.

Yeah OK :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Anyways I'm happy with 1-2 per week.

That's complete songs though, arranged and mixed, not just skeletons.

since this time last year i made about 10 songs which was very good for me. in between i easily made about 50+ beats to test out stuff and only kept about 5 which wont be used but are only for reference purposes. before that i was lucky to make 2-3 full songs a year, nowadays its a case of not even bothering if im not in the mood.

juz depends on whats goin on in my life....lately ive been doing maybe 3-4 solid finished trax a week....but im always playing around with ideas that could be potential bangers

Past three months:

July: 50
August: 34
September: 22

I'm a full-time student though, which explains the drop. None of my beats are mastered. I don't worry about all that. Just worry about putting together a listenable mix.

I'm finishing (mixed/mastered) around 5-8 per month. I'm a "quality over quantity" type of guy. Not in a rush right now anyway, coz I have no quota's or deadlines to meet. I scrap a few each month too, or just leave them to sleep on my HD til I randomly start opening up old song files one day. I'm capable of doing more, but I got that damn job...

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH I think 9th is full of shit.

I seen one interview where they asked how many beats he can make in a day...

He said 7-8 easy.

Yeah OK :rolleyes:

Idk how's he full uh shit.. If you seen the video of him makin uh beat, he made it right there then the artist recorded uh track over it right there. Obviously he don't mix/master he got somebody to do that for him. He makes beats FOR A LIVING. Idk why he would have to lie about it lol. It's not like his beats are masterpiece compositions.

Depends on the month. I've knocked out 15 in a weekend before. Once u get to a certain point they just flow out. As far as a mpc being faster than fl studio u done lost your mind lol. Mpcs are easy and fun to use but FL is faster as it should be

depends on a lot of things..

when i was in atlanta for 3 weeks, me and 2 homies made about 70 beats.. 40-50 of em completely done, and the rest only needed small shit to be finished, im sure if i was there for the full month we wouldve hit 100..

it all depends on the workflow, chemistry, if youre making em for a purpose and if youre working with somebody

i feel like as long as you make 1 a day and its dope, or attempt to make 1 a day youre in good shape

I make about 7 or 8 a month, But if i had more time on my hands i would try to make like 4 a week... when i was a teenager i would make like 2 or 3 beats a day, all day everyday & night lol i miss those days tho.

I just got back into it. Been off and on for about a year, but decided to take it a bit more seriously. This
Week I got 5 skeleton's I'm working with. 1 or em might be done this weekend if I can learn a bit more.

When I started out I was making 3-4 beats per week for a few months, but with work and school now I only do 4-6 beats per month...it's all good though because they all get used eventually :-)

I mean if all I did was wake up and make beats everyday, I could probably pump out 5-6 a day too. Once you get in a rhythm for your tracks and you know how you want stuff to sound, you can really stockpile your catalog.

Quality over quantity does matter to a degree, but all artists have different taste. What you might think is one of your weaker beats, they might think is one of your best lol.

Just 5 or 6? Shit if all I had to do was make beats all day everyday I could make 10-20 a day lol. I made 15 on a saturday once

Back