How to make this wobble. NEED HELP

levoxmusic

Sort of a wobble from barley alives remix of zomboys game time. the wobble starts at 0:56
Sorry i cant post links yet apparently, but you guys can check it up. its kind of a high pitched vocaly wobble. :/
Thanks

There is tremolo on a high-pitched note (sounds like that's what you mean), but the bass part comes in just after that. The first can be accomplished with any tremolo plug-in or hardware device, then adjust the rate to desired speed. It doesn't sound like intentional drop-outs, but that is another way people do it (cutting/editing out sections of the waveform in a precise and rhythmic manner to create the desired "stutter" effect, which sounds a little different). The bass thing, and indeed most of what people term a "wobble" sound, is almost always some type of LFO manipulation. Adjust amount of LFO (low frequency oscillator), which will modify your original synth tone, then adjust rate for different speeds/rhythms of "wobble." If you can adjust the rate manually while you track (as on a real analog synth), then all the better, I say.

The other thing you can try would be to run your lead or bass through a filter that has the same adjustments. Not sure how with whatever DAW you are using; consult your manual or help section. I would do it with something like the Alesis Philtre.

GJ

BTW-- It's "barely alive." You had me looking for "barley alive." Right next to "wheat and oats alive," apparently ;) .

GJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Back