how to make a synth vst?with a gui?

KonKossKang

Ozagas
im curious as to if i can make my own vst wit me own designs with supercollider and gimp.
Basically im trying to make a "laboratory of noise" for myself

an overkill synth with options i dont need but want, that type of plugin.the type of plugin that gives me 60 oscillators and 40 vcf filters for no reason at all :/
that possible?

60 oscillators? That's quite the synth. :P I'm not sure why you'd ever need that, but more power to you! (Literally)

I believe Native Instruments Reaktor can do what you're trying to achieve. If I'm not mistaken, it allows you to construct your own synth using many different parts that you can put together. I have a friend who has created a few synths and sold them on the market using this system.

I haven't done this before, so I don't know the details, but I'd look there to start.

Good luck!

Last edited:
...tried that synth today.Well zebra had a nice run.Only reason im not sellin omni is the library :/

thanks for bringin that thing up, it does...it does almost everything o_O

you can also visit max, pure data (PD for short), csound, synthedit all very similar and in fact truth be told, reaktor is based on the earlier structures developed for max known as the MUSIC N language (where N stands for the version of the language versions I-VI are known to me, there may have been more)

man bandcoach im gonna have to take it slow with this, this the first time i been overwhelmed.but once i figure out how to make selectable oscillators and my own design for them default knobs...Oh my god i can't believe this thing exist it's like omnisphere on steroids

If you own FL Studio you can use Synthmaker/Flowstone to create your own Synths and Plugins. Your plugins can be shared with other Synthmaker/Flowstone users, and if later down the line you decide you'd like to sell or distribute the plugin as a VST you can purchase the commercial version and do so.

believe it or not i converted to studio one after a week of usin it but stil have the juice pack on lockdown.My setups is as follows:

Studio one as arranger and vst holder
reason as drum laboratory
reaktor as noise laboratory
omnisphere as backbone noisemaker
Juicepack wit slicex and all those other plugins

I still double click fl studio for nostalgia reasons though.

believe it or not i converted to studio one after a week of usin it but stil have the juice pack on lockdown.My setups is as follows:

Studio one as arranger and vst holder
reason as drum laboratory
reaktor as noise laboratory
omnisphere as backbone noisemaker
Juicepack wit slicex and all those other plugins

I still double click fl studio for nostalgia reasons though.

You can still use Synthmaker to create your synth, then rewire FL to Studio One and use it. If you want something more simplistic you also have Patcher.

Our setups are completely different.

FL Studio as my workstation.
Maschine as my drum library/manager.
Massive for creating sounds, sometimes Rapture and Zeta+2 but I'm not too familiar with them. I've only touched Reaktor to mess with Spark and Prism, but they just sit on my drive.
Toxic Biohazard as my "noisemaker", never know what you'll get with FM synthesis.
All FL Plugins, don't have too many third party effects plugins, let alone use them.

Back