How to make progress faster ? (Song structure)

Akulli

i just realized that most of the time i try to make new music,
i have absolutely no problem making a simple 8 bar beat.
but when it comes to song structure my knees break.
sometimes i just sit there looking at the DAW and listening and not even thinking. my brain just freezes afterwards
and i don't have vocals in my music since im still trying to make good music and not focus on vocals much.
i tried taking a structure from google ( Intro>VERSE1>Chorus>VERSE2>Chorus>BRIDGE>Chorus>outro )
and i put about 4 different variations of the melody
but the song feels "Not finished"
so my best shot is to make a thread on futureproducers.com
how do you stop Staring and listening to the music and actually do something ?
and another thing holding me back is i'm trying to NOT over complicate the music.
and as i said i already made 4 variations. so i don't know what else i should be doing to give this beat a "Finished" feel.

Last edited:
"how do you stop Staring and listening to the music and actually do something" - I use Pomodoro app where you work on music for 25 minutes then rest for 5 minutes. It works perfectly because you never get bored.

"but the song feels "Not finished"" - It's a matter of experience, make another 50 "not finished" beats, problem should be solved

Sometimes - 8 bars is all you need...

Sometimes - the song dictates the arrangement...

I write. But I'll also sometimes produce with a theme (or a particular MC) in mind.
More often than not I'll just aim to flip a sample and make a banging 8-bar loop; if that sample can be flipped once - it can be flipped again using the same set of chops for some variation.

Back