how to make intro fit in breakdown/melody

erniuss

firstly so im begginer but how many times i making 30sec intro and then trying put melody after 30 sec but i cant make to fit in there like at 30 sec theres impact which makes the boom sound :D and before it uplifting its everything okay, but when i add melody its just doesnt fit , i mean i tried lots of ways like i tried after impact theres 5 sec passedd then reverse cymbal and then starting melody which has cut off ( like the sound in background dunno how to explain) and then after 10-15 sec theres impact also and all leads/synths comes in and in that way goes into drop but i cant make after them 30sec when impact bum i dunno how to make like what notes to use or something always i hear thats doesnt suit i tried many ways..

you gotta stop asking these extremely broad questions without supplying any audio or background information to base anything off.

Yup, the question is so general that the answer is pretty much "practice more" but ill give you a tip, try making your intro last. Start your beat by just stacking melodies on a 4 or 8 bar loop until the beat sounds full, now you have the hook, and lots of elements to work with to make your verse and intro. Just use one or 2 elements from the main hook part you just made to make the intro and it will all sound cohesive.

Last edited:
I definitely go for the subtraction method (and not always a good thing) myself.

Start with a banger of a beat and strip it right back for the intro. Maybe a less energetic variant of the sample flip...

I definitely go for the subtraction method (and not always a good thing) myself.

Start with a banger of a beat and strip it right back for the intro. Maybe a less energetic variant of the sample flip...

This. It's a symbiotic relationship between intro and drop. Sometimes it is easier to deconstruct a full on banger and work backward to the intro rather than trying to shoe-horn the drop into your epic melodic / atmospheric intro. I find it easier to build an intro to something that I already know is going to happen rather than working to a point and thinking "what the f*** do I do now?"

firstly so im begginer but how many times i making 30sec intro and then trying put melody after 30 sec but i cant make to fit in there like at 30 sec theres impact which makes the boom sound :D and before it uplifting its everything okay, but when i add melody its just doesnt fit , i mean i tried lots of ways like i tried after impact theres 5 sec passedd then reverse cymbal and then starting melody which has cut off ( like the sound in background dunno how to explain) and then after 10-15 sec theres impact also and all leads/synths comes in and in that way goes into drop but i cant make after them 30sec when impact bum i dunno how to make like what notes to use or something always i hear thats doesnt suit i tried many ways..

so yeah audio illustrating the problem is important

I am left wondering are you
- using notes that do not fit over your chords?
- is the rhythm wrong?
- is the phrasing wrong (related to rhythm but a little more on the articulation side of things)?
- are the notes you're using too low and being obstructed by other low frequency content?
- have you hard panned the melody channel and it just can't find space against other sounds in the same side of the stereo image?
-- many more besides

Last edited:
Back