How to Make a Beat More Commercial

caycay

Like the title says. Are there any tips to making a beat commercial sounding?

I put 808s all the regular stuff, but people tell me my tracks don't sound commercial....

Are there any tips to doing this? Any help appreciated...

Any link to your tracks? Try copying a "commercial" song you like... Oh go for something simple. What program you use? Search for sounds that sound like commercial tracks you are going for.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to study said "commercial" music. Find a a handful of songs that represent the music you are trying to make and use those as reference. Besides that, find a great mix & master team to help take your sound to the next level. Lex Luger and Young Chop aren't making hits without their tracks mixed and mastered.

I write about elves and magic, all the regular stuff, but people still tell me I'm no Tolkien.

I also use the exact same sounds and gear as (enter random producer name here) but I don't sound anything like him/her. What could I possibly be doing wrong?!

Last edited:
Looking at my question and the answers...I think my real question is if there are any tips to making a track sound more commercial while keeping your "sound"?

yea like someone elese said... listen to commercial beats and study the sounds and melodies they use... really pay attention to it

commercial can be described by structure, lyrical relevance, musical ideas, production (aka mix/pan/fx) values: study all of them, adapt them to your own stylistic choices

I would say keep your own sound but play it different and arrange it differently this time. Otherwise you would have to pick the best sound to start off with.

Take trance for example, if you want to sound commercial like Anjunabeats then just use the sound they're using. You cant use sorry sound and expect it to sound commercial. lol. You cant get out what you didn't put in it. It's just the sound and what way it's play and arranged. Then it's the mixing and mastering. It's a little bit everything to be honest.

Last edited:
Back